Website Design

Hello guys and gals.

This isn't really a filmmaking question (although it could well apply to filmmakers) but I was wondering if anyone here either does web design or knows anyone who does.

It's for my film review site which I am investing in getting a sweet makeover, but I want to get some good value and most of the professional companies charge a veritable fortune for services that lots of amateurs can produce.

Cheers in advance,
Nick

Hey y'all!

So, I need to get The Flight of the Flamingo website online soon, preferably to coincide with the release of the teaser trailer.

This is what I'm thinking: keep it super simple.

I have all the individual elements from the poster, which should be enough to build a simple but effective design (pink on black?), embed the trailer, links to twit/fb/tumblr and then have a short synopsis and about section. All on one page, super simple, easy to read...etc.

Obviously, we might later want to expand the website into having more detail about the film and process, but for now, I reckon that would suffice.

My new question: would anyone be willing to build this for me?? In return you would have my eternal friendship, a personalised haiku about your greatness, and a FULL CREDIT in The Flight of the Flamingo (in the end credits, on IMDB...etc).

Any helpers? :)

That's so simple, honestly I think you could handle it yourself, but I'd be glad to do it for you if you like.

It's just some basic html, I could have it done in an hour or so. Email me if you're interested. :)

That's so simple, honestly I think you could handle it yourself, but I'd be glad to do it for you if you like.

It's just some basic html, I could have it done in an hour or so. Email me if you're interested. :)

Please don't overestimate me... ;)

It's more the design stuff that concerns me, cos I don't have Photoshop on this computer at the mo. I wanna keep it very simple, but would you be able to, without over burdening yourself, make it look snazzy? I have all the individual elements (man with gun, dog, cityscape...etc) from the poster so, in my head, it ought not to be too hard...

Sure, I can mock up a couple options in photoshop. Just send along the graphics and copy and I'll throw something together.

Depending on how much more time my secret santa video takes, though, it may have to wait until after the holiday. Hope that's ok. :)

Oh crap, secret santa!!! Totally forgot, agghhh!

drum_smiley.gif
dun dun DUN!!

Back