What options for making intro clip of logo?

So I have a name, but I want to introduce my name to people at the beginning of all my videos or films... What 's out there to create a short logo clip to add at the beginning of movies. I have an idea, and the basic sounds I want. Is that an area I should pass on to someone else? Orrrr, should I DIY it like everything else I'm doing? I'm thinking it comes down to CG and some midi work. Anything free-ish to get me started? Wanting the four letters in the name to drop down from the top, smacking the "floor" as they land center screen. Then "Pictures" slides in from right or up from bottom just underneath. As the letters fall, maybe a slight dropping sound leading to the smack, then as "Pictures" slides, the beginning of a low tone leading to a crescendo as the whole logo goes bright then disappears. Cliche, I know, but unless I think of something else it will have to do for now. It's a start anyway.
Thanks in advance for any input.

dont do what many folks do, have elaborate well crafted but unoriginal logos created while watching a Video Copilot Tut and then have lame weak films whose quality is 10X BELOW the quality of the logo.

For now, just do a nice hand lettered drawing\sign, get a good photo of it and tweak it in your graphics program.

FYI: I believe branding is important, and you should brand everything you do, but keep it simple and tasteful.. dont do what I did and mess up your brand by tagging all my silly tests and family videos!

Thanks wheatgrinder. I have opened a separate youtube channel just for that purpose... My quality/serious content will have the nicer intro only. The tests and ... well, no family videos, that's a different one too, but less than stellar performances shall we say, will be getting a less than stellar intro. Thinking of fiverr for getting some ideas. Branded but then linked... later.

There is a 3D modeling program called Blender, where you could do what you want. It's a cool and very powerful program. It's also free. Definitely takes some time to learn. I've been obsessed with it, since I can't afford the commercial programs.

You can find the program here

www.blender.org

Some site with good tutorials on the program

www.blenderguru.com
www.blendercookie.com

There's definitely a steep learning curve, but once you start to get the basics down, it starts to become easier to follow the tutorials. I know blender guru had a tutorial on creating an animated logo. I'm not a big fan of copying a tutorial, just changing things to our design. Instead I like to work through the tutorials, and see how I can take those principles and create my own original idea.

Blender; great idea, thanks.
I am a little worn out teaching myself stuff right now though. Still learning Lightworks, ProTools, and how to record audio and video in an appealing way. Oooof!!
I can't resist though... I Will Download This Program... LOL.
Maybe I can con one of my kids into learning it then teaching me????

Oh my goodness!! That is going to be a very steep learning curve!! Just downloaded and started looking at some examples and tutorials... Ouch, but very nice results. No pain, no gain.

The best thing to do is take a tutorial online then tweak it.

Iv done my logo myself and to be honest looking at most companies logos they aren't anything amazing, most are just like a painting with the company name sliding underneath ..

Do what you feel is your style and represents you, like what Pixar did which is the only intro I like..

Back