• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Co-Production Partner and Broadcasters Needed

As I mentioned in some other posts, I have recently finished the development on an edgy adult comedy series called "Slinging Inc.". In short it is about 5 colorful characters who decide to open and operate a tattoo and body piercing shop on the seedy side of town and the mishaps they encounter along the way. Think "Trailer Park Boys" crossed with "Sopranos". Each episode is 30 minutes in length. Completed is the series bible, one sheet, and draft of the pilot script. What I am looking for is a co-production partner from the U.S or another country who could work with me to bring this to air. If you have a relationship with either WB, FOX, UPN, or HBO, I believe this would be right up their alley! Also if you have previous TV series experience perhaps we could co-produce this together. Any feedback, suggestions, or sharing of contacts is greatly appreciated. Thanks kindly. :)

This in only a suggestion, but instead of trying to find a direct route into FOX, I think your time might be better served finding a good agent. If your idea is strong they'll see that and they already have the connections into the networks.

Most corporations and studios use agents a filter system to avoid getting drowned in unsolictited concepts. In practical terms this means they make it hard for individuals to submit ideas, but easy for agents.

Hello Shelly, I 'm currently producing a show called VegasIndiesTv, it aired twice on the local UPN affiliate here in Vegas. I have had some experience in the broadcast area, also I work for an NBC affiliate out here. Drop me a line so we can chat. If anything I can give you some pointers. Seems like a cool idea. Talk to you soon.
P.S you can check out a sample of my show on www.vegasindies.com.

clive said:
This in only a suggestion, but instead of trying to find a direct route into FOX, I think your time might be better served finding a good agent. If your idea is strong they'll see that and they already have the connections into the networks.

Most corporations and studios use agents a filter system to avoid getting drowned in unsolictited concepts. In practical terms this means they make it hard for individuals to submit ideas, but easy for agents.

Hi Clive, I think that an agent would be a good idea if I were a writer trying to sell a concept. But I am a producer, and I have sold to networks in the past. Just so happens that each series, or idea requires a different broadcaster so that means making new contacts every time. Just was hoping to maybe find some execs on here through the forums. I am attending NATPE in a couple weeks, should make tons of network contacts there. Thanks for taking the time to reply again.

Thanks Vegas Indies

vegasindiestv said:
Hello Shelly, I 'm currently producing a show called VegasIndiesTv, it aired twice on the local UPN affiliate here in Vegas. I have had some experience in the broadcast area, also I work for an NBC affiliate out here. Drop me a line so we can chat. If anything I can give you some pointers. Seems like a cool idea. Talk to you soon.
P.S you can check out a sample of my show on www.vegasindies.com.

Hi, and thanks for the help. I did take the time to visit your website, and check out your show. I watched the demo reel as well. Very cool concept. How is it coming along in Vegas? Congrats to getting it on UPN as well. Do you get licenses for the series, or is it paid programming? I did a series that way, very tough, but you retain 100% creative control too. My direct email is shelly@tv-producers.com please feel free to contact me directly.

Hey Shelly, thanks for the comments I appreciate it. It's just paid programming, all I have is a license for my production company. And that allows me to produce any kind of tv or film stuff. And yes its tough, but the creative freedom is great. Well you can also contact me whenever you want. dennymorales@cox.net

vegasindiestv said:
Hey Shelly, thanks for the comments I appreciate it. It's just paid programming, all I have is a license for my production company. And that allows me to produce any kind of tv or film stuff. And yes its tough, but the creative freedom is great. Well you can also contact me whenever you want. dennymorales@cox.net

Hi Denny.... what do you mean... "it is just paid programming"! It is very hard to "sell" a concept, and if you have managed to pull together enough funds to get your stuff on the air - anywhere... you have done more than most. Take a bow... it is tough, and I know how hard it can be as I did some paid programming as well. I have a contact here that is looking to do a recreation/travel show like this. I am going to contact you via email directly, perhaps there are some opportunities. I know he was big time interested in CA region, but you arent too far off.

Best wishes for 2005!
Shelly
:cool:

Back