Seeking Music for for Low Budget Film Project

I've been really interested in film since I was young and just recently put together my own low budget movie. It's a short and I'm thinking about entering it into festivals, but I really want to get it scored first. The working title is Nothing Is Certain, and it's a film about a young man's passing from this world to the next. It's approx 14 minutes long. If anyone's interested I'm willing to pay a low budget price. Please reply to this thread in terms of how I can contact you. Thanks alot. - David

There are a dozen composers offering to score movies here on the board. Have you contacted any of them?

Yeah one of them who said he'd do it for free. I guess he didn't like my movie cause he never got back to me. Regardless of someone who's really siked on it or not, I just want to get it scored... that's why I'm offering some money and a chance for people to reply to me, so I don't have someone back out and waste my time again.

Hello David

I have looked up your sites, and listened to your music - you sound talented enought to score your short yourself.

If you still don't want to do it yourself, I might be interested in scoring your short, but I would like to have a look first to see if I think I might be able to contribute to what your doing.

At the moment I am scoring two shorts - but I am at the same time looking for more shorts and features to score.

Look up my webpage at www.njaallie.com for music-demos, resume, and contact-info.

Regards, Njaal

Last edited:
I've been really interested in film since I was young and just recently put together my own low budget movie. It's a short and I'm thinking about entering it into festivals, but I really want to get it scored first. The working title is Nothing Is Certain, and it's a film about a young man's passing from this world to the next. It's approx 14 minutes long. If anyone's interested I'm willing to pay a low budget price. Please reply to this thread in terms of how I can contact you. Thanks alot. - David
Hi David,

I will definitely get back to you promptly. Following is a brief intro letter.

After 40 years experience in the music business, it’s time for something more challenging and exciting. My experience consisted of playing various instruments in a variety of genre, writing and producing jingles, studio experience and song writing. I would like to use my knowledge, experience and expertise to enter the world of film.

In order to gain a bit of direct experience in film and/or video, I would like to do the music, both incidental and theme, as well as sound effects, at no cost or obligation on your part.

I also dabble at 3d animation. I currently am studying Blender, if that is of any interest.

Just send me a copy of the short film or video with out any music or effects, only dialogue. Also, please share the ideas you have of your film so that I may get a good feel for your vision of the project.

All opinions, ideas, suggestions and critique are welcome and I am willing to do and redo until done to your satisfaction.

If you like and use my work, a finished copy of the film for demo purposes would be payment enough.

Currently, I work with Final Cut Express, Logic 8, Digital Performer 5.1.3 on
a G5 quad with 16 gigs of memory.

If interested, please reply to this post.

Thanks for reading,

Doc Olenic

Music score

hi there. my names chris and I am a musician/producer with his own home studio. I have always had a passion for movies and a lot of my musical work is inspired by visual imagery real and imagined. I have a lot of instrumental work with no application and I have new ideas all the time. I would love to set the music to a short film and believe I would do a good job in line with the needs of the director. You can sample some of my work at www.myspace.com/theflairbairds and www.myspace.com/thedynamals

I also have a self produced album and about 20 half ideas and experimental instrumental peices.

Please get in touch as I would love to see the film.
cheers
chris purcell

David,

I represent a young, acclaimed artist very interested in doing score work for no to low budget as a means of building his project resume (to date the artist has been composing for known performers as well as on his own tours in the US and Europe). He's quite skilled in all genres and by virtue of being young he's very open-minded and free to explore all thinking in terms of film and tone.

His site is; http://www.bryanbakermusic.com

www.myspace.com/bryanbakerfilmmusic

I can be reached at; creativeconsulting101@gmail.com

Lisa Pool
cc101
creative client representation

Last edited:
I will definitely get back to you promptly.
That line was pretty funny, 2 years and 3 months after the original inquiry.

Has anyone noticed that this thread was started almost 2.5 years ago? I don't think David is still looking. At least, I hope not!

music clearance /copyright

I am finishing my feature (no-budget) and I found a singer who did a great acoustic cover of someone else's song. The writer lives in Austria and the singer lives in New Zealand. This singer says that she would love for me to use the song in the film, but that I would have to clear it with the songwriter first. He fell in love with the idea and is all for it. Has anyone dealt with anything like this before? Neither of them has their material copyrighted. But I live in Seattle, if someone signs a release to me does the song have to be copyrighted? It should be, right? And copyrighted here in the states?

I have never come across anything like this before. Everybody wants to do it. But I want to make sure the artists are protected.

Back