Losers Lounge selected as an Official Entry

Losers Lounge selected as an Official Entry in the 2004 Bare Bones International Independent Film Festival

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sunday, January 04, 2004

Contact Don Boner at 317-445-5287 donboner@dl-sites.com

The World's Friendliest Film Festival" the 2004 Bare Bones International Independent Film Festival announced today that Losers Lounge, a feature length movie written and directed by Indianapolis low-budget Avant-garde filmmaker Don Boner will be screened as part of the competition screening in Muskogee Oklahoma as part of the annual Bare Bones International Independent Film Festival April 19th through 25th , 2004.

"The World's Largest Little Festival: (BBIFF) is held in the "World's Friendliest City", Muskogee, Oklahoma, hometown of actors such as ROBERT REED (Brady Bunch) and CLU GULAGER (Veteran of over 60 movies and TV series). The event is largest gathering of independent moviemakers, screenwriters, actors, directors and producers in the State.

Losers Lounge is murder mystery set in 1948 that follows the perplexing and often seedy life of a private detective who is accused of murdering a troubled young lady with a dark history. Losers Lounge is a dark and mysterious movie that lives on the edge and tells a story of shady characters, crooked cops, switched love and bad luck, a darker side of human nature, a film noir-style murder mystery at its best.
On one level Losers Lounge is a simple murder mystery set in 1948 in the fictitious town of Passionville, Illinois, just Southeast of Chicago.
On another level Losers Lounge is much like a modern day Greek Tragedy. The Protagonist is banished from town, the antagonist attempts by false pretences to gain control and innocent lives are upset until eventually in the end all the characters are guided by their fates to leave Passionville. The story is allegorically filled with disturbing symbolism.

Mr. Boner commented, “I am delighted that the Bare Bones International Independent Film Festival selected Losers Lounge for competition screening. The film’s acceptance is due the extraordinary talent and hard work of the cast and crew who transform my vision to an intriguing dark and disturbing movie. It is an honor to be invited to the Bare Bones International Independent Film Festival in Oklahoma. This will be my first visit to Oklahoma since I was four years old. I was born in Lawton Oklahoma, but I do not remember the State. It is a double honor to be the first Indianapolis filmmaker whose work will be displayed at BBIFF.”

Losers Lounge was shot digitally in April and May 2003 in Indianapolis Indiana. The movie was screened October 14 at Key Cinema in Indianapolis as part of their Filmmakers Showcase to a standing room crowd.

For more information visit www.losers-lounge.com or
www.barebonesfilmfestival.com

Back