• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Steve (short film)

I only got to about 1 minute 30 seconds...

your first shots are pretty bad (im being nice)
I dont really get whats going on, I could barely hear anything
when we go to the shots outside the first shot looked gorgeous, then it all fell apart again the camera operator looks like he was listening to shakin stevens.. iv handheld cameras and not managed to get it that shaky.

from when he first hits his head I turned off as I wasnt engaged, I perhaps could have given it more time but I was too bored and couldnt listen to it anymore.

im sorry to be the first to give you feedback but as most people know im brutally honest.

oh yeah I was kinda p***ed off at the fact you put ads on your vid.. your asking for feedback but wanna earn on that.. poor form if you ask me

Hey, that's alright. What is criticism for, after all? Especially since I wasn't originally going to post it because I sort of agree. It was an experiment, but perhaps not one that worked out.

Regarding ads: I didn't know I had that on. I'm not getting enough views to warrant it, I don't have any payment options on youtube, I'm doing these to learn rather than make money and I can see why you'd consider it bad form. I'll turn it off as soon as I get on a stable connection.

Hey, that's alright. What is criticism for, after all? Especially since I wasn't originally going to post it because I sort of agree. It was an experiment, but perhaps not one that worked out.

Regarding ads: I didn't know I had that on. I'm not getting enough views to warrant it, I don't have any payment options on youtube, I'm doing these to learn rather than make money and I can see why you'd consider it bad form. I'll turn it off as soon as I get on a stable connection.

no worries, there was potential in your short but it lacked in too many areas and was lost, do your best to work with others who have talent and potential and you will learn first hand what's needed for a basic production.

for short films the first 10 seconds are crucial, for features at least for me its the first ten minutes that needs to suck me in.

I can see why you stopped at 1:30

A high pitched noise can be pretty annoying.
Immediately followed by a ringing phone, which is an annoying sound too.

So far the two emotions you've gotten out of me were a small laugh when he fell and then annoyance at sounds. At this point no idea what the story is about.

I think for youtube in particular you need to grab people right away!

Is there a really powerful ending or something?

Back