Movie Trailer Editing Assignment

For a project I need to take a movie and make a trailer with it. My goal is to take a well known film and edit it to seem like it's a completely different story than it was originally made to be. Any thoughts or suggestions on which movie would be good and what I could turn it into? Thanks!

I was really hoping to do something with either Harold and Maude, Death Proof, The King's Speech, Friday or Drag Me To Hell. But I'm struggling with finding ways to turn them around!

And yes mash-ups are allowed.

Last edited:
Easy.

Well done editing can be easily applied to any film to make it a different genre.

My favorite is The Shining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os6raCCmAFk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os6raCCmAFk

Take this year's horror film like Scream 4 or something and make it a teenie bop movie with a funny, light voice-over.

The key to the Shining one being so good is the music and the voice-over, so make sure you do that.

No Country for Old Men would be a good bet.

Last edited:
That Shining trailer is really well done.

Why not try and do the reverse? Creepy voice over, ominous music and you can turn Marley and Me into a serial killer movie...

Last edited:
Just remember you can turn any movie in to a 1990s romantic comedy trailer by simply adding the song "Walking on Sunshine"

That Shining trailer is really well done.

Why not try and do the reverse? Creepy voice over, ominous music and you can turn Marley and Me into a serial killer movie...

Ever see THIS ONE?

When I watch these trailers I think it's pretty easy. But when I try
to come up with an idea I find it really difficult. Love the Mary Poppins
one.

ABHunter4L, I think Harold and Maude would make a great jumping off
point. The "how" is where your own creativity comes in.

Ever see THIS ONE?

When I watch these trailers I think it's pretty easy. But when I try
to come up with an idea I find it really difficult. Love the Mary Poppins
one.

ABHunter4L, I think Harold and Maude would make a great jumping off
point. The "how" is where your own creativity comes in.

That was brilliant. I've never seen that one before but it worked seamlessly.

I know what you mean. I can say 'make Marley & Me into a film about a possessed dog' but the moment I download the footage and start the edit it becomes impossible...

Do Caligula as a college toga party romp!

I fucking dare you.

PS

"Caligula House"

Belushi: Togaaaaaaa!

Louie Louie
Make me want to Shout...

(It writes itself)

Last edited:
Back