• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

GOOD SCREENWRITER PLEASE

Hi it dwayne here in dublin ireland. mythology produced 5 plays and 4 short films within 18 months i set up my cottage little production company. i post ad's up elsewhere around the word looking for film scripts. Lucky for me my mate has written horror feature film i like and we producing that but i'm still on the outlook for good well crafted film scripts shorts films prefer .

Most of the scripts i received are bad with bad clumsy heavy dialogue that goes nowhere and dialogue that slows down the action and pacing of the script . i looking for a script that well written well crafted characters and very visusl that can be done on micro budget, any genre accept. just shot comedy on cannon 7 d for less than 1000us dollars using the currency as principle so if u email me than i email type of work i like. no time waters need apply or first time screenwriters . email me with or without script to dwaynetyou@hotmail.com

hopefully my fate will recover when i read really good scripts. Mythology is very small company so i can't afford to buy scripts but make them on micro budget and we all need our work to be expose even screenwriters who serious about there work and talents

cheers and talk soon

thanks

dwayne

Last edited:
Most of the scripts i received are bad with bad clumsy heavy dialogue that goes nowhere and dialogue that slows down the action and pacing of the script.
Welcome to indietalk and welcome to the very real world
of screenplays.

I work as a "reader" covering scripts for studios, producers
and agents. Most of the scripts I read are just as bad. And
these writers are trying not only to sell their scripts but
convince agents they are good enough for representation.

And I am also a director and sometime producer who is
looking for good scripts. Most of the ones I read are bad with
bad clumsy heavy dialogue that goes nowhere and dialogue
that slows down the action and pacing of the script. So I can
relate.

Good luck with your quest!

Thanks for the great news on film scripts, it's worldwide problem even in europe. i like film scripts prefer short ones as there easier to shoot than doing feature film that meaning alot cash and helping my friend feature film at moment. my email address at top of link so if you got something and your scripts are up to standards than email me--- times wasters and new screenwriters need not apply,

thanks

dwayne

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, can anyone write a good screenplay at moment i'm producing 2 plays and few professionsl exams i must do so time i don't have to sit down and craft a well made script even though i went to 3 to 4 screenwriting classes workshop that top people go. can people email there scripts no ideas please as anyone can do up idea but a script is a script

regards

dwayne

The problem with my scripts is always trimming the dialog. That's something I'm just not very good at it. Editing fiction, poetry or non-fiction is considerably easier (but still a pain in the ass). I'm a lot better at cutting useless narration than useless dialog.

I've been so focused on editing my second novel for almost two years now. I really need to get back into editing my scripts. There just hasn't been a lot of time.

And welcome. If you need any help feel free to let me know. I can provide samples and anything else you might want.

I work as a "reader" covering scripts for studios, producers
and agents. Most of the scripts I read are just as bad.

I think you might enjoy this blog [sic] humor. It's pretty funny, here's the blog's author's description of the blog:
My work involves reading lots of books. Many of these books are terrible. Allow me to share with you their incredible mutations of both the English language and the ancient tradition of storytelling.

Back