Brothers

Just saw Brothers last night and I must say I was impressed. Best movie of the year so far in my opinion. Toby Mcguire absolutely steals the movie. He gave everything he had to the movie and it was better for it. His performance was unsettling and moving. Gyllenhal and Portman also delivered very strong performances. Brothers is a disturbing look inside war families and will hopefully open some eyes on how poorly our vets are being treated and being just thrown back into society right out of war. Great great movie. Anybody who's seen it your thoughts and opinions on the film/my comments are encouraged.

Very good film. I agree, all of the performances were very strong. It had good pacing. It was a interesting story. If feels like they left a little of Toby Mcguire's character transformation out, which I think worked to the story's advantage.

I thought it felt very real without having to resort to stylish documentary type cinematography for the whole movie. It also felt very real because the writing was superb. And the kids were great in it I thought.

I also thought it was a good film. I don't know about the best movie of the year though. I think, so far, the best movie of the year is "A Serious Man". Although it delivered great performances, I was still expecting a bit more from this one.

This is good to hear. I'm a fan of all the actors, and I love the independent umbrella this is looking to be shrouded by. These are the types of films I look forward to doing as an actor...not the huge budget marketing explosions...but the smaller more independent films with a tight team.

i saw it last week. thoroughly enjoyed it - great acting, esp by tobey maguire and those adorable little girls. there were parts that the tension was palpable, it was insane. however, wasnt thrilled with the ending and i thought natalie portman couldve been better. i love her usually, she's incredible, but she just didn't work for me in this film.

Back