Terminator Genysis.

Terminator Genysis is coming out, and, if you can read the comments of this Youtube page, everyone is prepared for a disappointment. In the original movie, Sarah Connor was a scared little girl who kept running from place to place, but ended realizing she would have to become a strong woman.

In this one, from the looks of it, Sarah is a strong character, right from the beginning. And Arnold, of course, would come back as a good guy - the former Governor cannot be a bad guy, so the story is compromised.

This, along with all the disappointment with the big two franchises, gives me my chance - but the focus will be on the story, not the stars or the special effects.

I'm going to start out with short films, as I've said, to build my experience, and the scripts for three of them have been done, and I'm working on the fourth. A professional screenwriter has looked at two and says they're good, so does anyone wanna brainstorm more ideas with me? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62E4FJTwSuc

I got the impression there were two arnolds. old one is good and the young one is bad. but idk its just a trailer.

honestly it's a very good trailer, much better than the trailer for MI5 which runs contrary to my predictions.

I got the impression there were two arnolds. old one is good and the young one is bad. but idk its just a trailer.

honestly it's a very good trailer, much better than the trailer for MI5 which runs contrary to my predictions.

There are apparently two Arnolds, which does make it a bit hokey, because the older one is supposed to be a good guy - especially since he wants to change the constitution and be President. :D

But, on doing further research, someone made a good point - Sarah Connor in the original version was a bimbo who, by the end, became someone who realized she had to be strong enough to save the future. This one, from the looks of it, is a femme fatale from the start. IOW, there's no real story, just action.

It looked to me like it had the stories from terminator 1 and 2 both rolled into a single movie.
So it could have more story than any of the other terminator films

After the events of the first time around, a new T-800, model 101 (yes, all T-800, model 101s look like Arnold) is sent back even farther, to when Sarah is a little girl. Since T-800s have human skin that ages, this one looks older, because it has been with Sarah most of her life.

I, for one, am excited to see the new trilogy. The writers said it that GENESYS plays in the universe of the first two Cameron movies and that they have maintained total respect for those timelines.

An endorsement from James Cameron for Terminator Genisys. Wonder if this would that change anyone's opinion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HJwzNukI_g

With the number of times humans and cyborgs went into the past to change it, the whole time line should be something new anyway. I don't see this as a reboot, just a continuing story. If you watched The Sarah Connor Chronicles as well as the movies, you'd know the whole past and future changes in some way when someone travels back to change time.

This is not a comic book being turned into a movie where die hard fans want to see the comic book replicated into live action on the screen. This is a time travel series where the past and future are constantly changing because someone is constantly doing something to change it.

On a good note, I just read a posting on FB that the TV series reboot is a go. Here it is.

http://io9.com/that-long-rumored-terminator-show-is-still-in-developme-1714539410?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Last edited:
Time will tell. The article did say all of the writers from The Sarah Connor Chronicles were re-hired by the Germany film production company making the new series. Hopefully, the new series will pick up where the old one left off.

I saw it, tonight. THE TERMINATOR is one of my favorite movies. GENISYS makes a lot of fun references and recreations of old scenes. If you're a fan of the first, you will probably enjoy the first half of this movie. The scene with the original Arnold appearing in LA was cool.

Overall, there was never a dull moment. Great popcorn flick. What I found harder to swallow was what happens with Arnold, near the end. I was okay with it. The first 2/3rds of the movie were very engrossing. The last third was definitely a CGI fest, which made me appreciate TERMINATOR 3, a bit more.

You see, TERMINATOR 1 and 2 can't be topped. They are just so damn good. When James Cameron, Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong, Brad Fiedel (the composer) and the whole crew bailed, there was no way that part 3 could match the first two movies. But, I think it's underrated and that director Jonathan Mostow kept the scenes enjoyable, without going "full cartoon." The main vehicle chase is awesome and so is the bathroom fight.

GENISYS does get cartoony. Not as cartoony as an AVENGERS flick, but c'mon, we're talking about the TERMINATOR. The first movie was drop dead serious and, with the exception of a fire shot, took place in the "real" world, so to speak. Such is the nature of movies, these days.

I probably have to see this, again, with my family. I won't mind, at all.

You see, TERMINATOR 1 and 2 can't be topped. They are just so damn good. When James Cameron, Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong, Brad Fiedel (the composer) and the whole crew bailed, there was no way that part 3 could match the first two movies. But, I think it's underrated and that director Jonathan Mostow kept the scenes enjoyable, without going "full cartoon." The main vehicle chase is awesome and so is the bathroom fight.

T1 and T2 are great, and I'm concerned that Genysis is just a feel-good Arnold movie. If so, then I don't want to watch it.

T1 and T2 are great, and I'm concerned that Genysis is just a feel-good Arnold movie. If so, then I don't want to watch it.

It's a TERMINATOR movie, but a big part is the cyborg's relationship with Sarah, much like it was with John, in T2.

There is more than just Arnold. It was very cool to see how John Connor meets Kyle Reese. The final battle and finding the time machine is good. The recreation of the original TERMINATOR scenes (now becoming altered) was pretty dang fun. The movie starts off strong. Lots of references to the original, even with the thumping music.

There are some funny lines, such as Arnold explaining what he did, during Sarah and Kyle's time jump: "When Genisys was being built, I worked construction, but got laid off."

There might be some contention with how this movie handles the BACK TO THE FUTURE style of the altering photos or newspaper headlines, when something changes. In this case, it is a Nexus Point in the timeline that immediately creates new memories for a character.

I just saw it, and it was a couple of hours of good fun. The plot twists were nice, but some were obvious. The movie opened poorly in the domestic market, though it seemed to be stronger in the foreign ones, so we'll have to see how things go.

I have one issue - when Reese travelled back in time, he was met with a liquid terminator, played by a Korean actor. This is nice, because an Asian is not playing a role specifically meant for Asians. But that character didn't last long, so I'm wondering ... are we now going to see Magic Asians to go with Magic Negroes? That really gets me.

Back