Wal-Mart Processing Re-visited?

Sorry for bugging you guys, but after searching through the forums I found a great conversation in 2005 that if you sent your super 8 film to wal-mart, they would send it to Dawyne's for $4.88 to get processed with no shipping fees?

Is it still possible to do this? And if so, can you also place under the specific instructions to get it transfered there as well?

No idea if they still do that, via WalMart.

That was when they only developed Kodachrome (K40), btw, which hasn't been made in about 3 years in S8 cartridges.

They now do the new 64T, but dunno about the WalMart question.

I found 4 rolls of K40 in a closet this weekend. Gotta use it in the next few months - Dwayne's is getting ready to stop all Kodachrome developing. :(

I checked the Walmart website, and they say nothing about film developing at all. You might contact customer service at http://photos.walmart.com/customerservice

And secondly, never think that you're bugging anyone. Especially when you did a search of the site yourself, and have an update question, or an additional question! You did more than most to answer it yourself!

Chris

I checked the Walmart website, and they say nothing about film developing at all.

Yah, they don't. The people who work at the photo booths inside WalMart won't know what you're talkin' about, either.

You had to place your cartridge in the envelope (which had no check-box options for S8) and hand-write "K-14 process" on the outside. Envelope got sent to a WalMart central lab, who would then manually sort it out and forward it to Dwayne's (the last remaining lab to process KodaChrome)

Shoot I was hoping to save a little on processing.

Do you guys happen to have any tips for processing or getting cartridges telecined besides shipping in bulk?

I want to start using super 8 but I don't want to spend too much on my first project with the film.

Okay I went to wal-mart today in order to personally investigate on this matter and found something that you guys might happen to like.

I found a brochure at the store and saw that you can drop off super 8 film and they'll charge you only $29.75 for the first 250' of footage and $0.12 per additional foot in order to process and transfer it to DVD.

You can check it out at their website: http://photos1.walmart.com/storepage/storePageId=Store+Only

It doesn't specify any certain type of super 8 film so I believe you can do this with ektachrome, tri-x, and whatever else.

Has anyone tried out this service? Can you tell them to transfer it to miniDV in the special instructions? I think that they might send it over to Dwayne's instead of doing it themselves?

Back