Film Festivals - worth the hassle? Please take the survey!

Hi, I need your help!

If you have made a short or a feature in the last 5 years that you have submitted to film festivals I'd be grateful for your insights. **You can take the survey more than once if you have submitted more than one film to film festivals.**

Please take the short survey here (only takes 1 - 2 mins to complete): www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TPP8PTH

I'm trying to complete some research I've been doing on film festivals by getting information and opinions of indie filmmakers about their experiences of submitting films to film festivals. The survey isn't perfect, so if you feel there are other questions/answers to share then please do so on this thread.

Responses are anonymous, but I'm happy to update people with the findings on this thread, depending on how many responses I get. Feel free to share the link, or add any further comments about your film festival experiences below.

Last edited:
Its not a good survey.... I once made a short 15 minutes... it was not so successful in the festivals... I work't on a documentary... it got selected for this year's NFF (one of the biggest festivals in the Netherlands). You only give us one option. If your first movie is unsuccessful in festivals doesn't mean that others will be unsuccessful...

Its not a good survey.... I once made a short 15 minutes... it was not so successful in the festivals... I work't on a documentary... it got selected for this year's NFF (one of the biggest festivals in the Netherlands). You only give us one option. If your first movie is unsuccessful in festivals doesn't mean that others will be unsuccessful...

The survey can only deal with one film at a time, but you can make multiple submissions. I kept the survey really short so that people can do this.

Why not submit two surveys - one for each film - to reflect your real life experience? I'd be grateful for your input!

[I've now edited the original post to clarify this]

Last edited:
Back