ROKINON 35mm or 24mm + 85mm?

Hey, I am in a little bit of a pickle. I am looking at purchasing a Rokinon lens. I have a T3i so it has the 1.6x crop factor. A live in Canada, but I am in the states in a few weeks. I can get the 35mm for 520 canadian which is what I was planning to do. Today I found a used 24mm and 85mm lens bundle that has been lightly used for 600. Would the 85mm be useful with a crop factor? Any suggestions between the two options?
Thanks!

I would totally do the 24 + 85 bundle, if they're also the Rokinon cine lenses. On a crop like that, 24mm is about a 35mm anyway, and the 85mm (cropped to 1.6x = 136mm) will be good for capturing beautifully shallow DOF even at smaller apertures. The 35mm is pretty long for a crop sensor, especially if you're trying to shoot anything indoors. The 24 would give you that indoor flexibility while the 85mm would give you the outdoor flexibility of shooting from long distances.

if nothing else, two lenses is better than one (unless the one is a zeiss or cooke or something)

Hope this helps!

EDIT: you'll want to make sure that the lenses are EF mount, or you'll be receiving some very expensive paperweights.

Last edited:
If you get it in Nikon F mount that will also be fine, as adapters are only twenty bucks or so to use it with your T3i.

In fact, it would be more than fine if it is in Nikon F mount, would be fantastic as you can adapt those lenses even more easily than the tricky Canon EF mount.

Back