THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - New Trailer

tumblr_m3bral9UuI1qe3p9bo1_500.gif

tumblr_m3br5iR4ga1rrx8xeo4_r1_250.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

I had just a few doubts about Nolan's ability to carry out the impossible, e.g. topping his 2008 neo-noir/summer action sequel masterpiece. First trailer was terribly underwhelming for me, second was alright. But this- this- I can't even begin to express my hype for the movie now. The shots they picked were terrific- and now I can see where the film is going. It's gonna be colossal in scope and emotion. Nolan has my vote for my most anticipated film of the year. Opinions?

But as for me, NOLAN, you genius! You've done it again!!!!

christopher_nolan_19006.jpg

Last edited:
I'm highly anticipating this as well. That's an understatement, actually.
I wasn't too big on Chris Nolan a few years ago, I didn't know who he was or anything. I had previously refused to watch Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, thinking I was going to have to endure another Batman & Robin style movie. Finally, someone convinced me to watch Inception (which I was also skeptical about). After Inception, I sat there, and thought... "Okay, I'll watch his Batman movies", and I was SO glad I did.
I am really happy he's having Tom Hardy portray Bane with the mental capacity he had in the comics (versus the big grunting beefhead he was in Batman and Robin).
Anyways, I can go on and on about how stoked I am for this movie. Seems like it's going to be a really emotional one (Hans Zimmer's scores don't hurt either ;))

The new trailer looks a lot better than the previous one. The previous one was mostly a series of random shots, and this one seems to tell more of a synopsis!

Last edited:
I am really happy he's having Tom Hardy portray Bane with the mental capacity he had in the comics (versus the big grunting beefhead he was in Batman and Robin).

And the otherwise brilliant Batman animated series from the early 90s. I don't mind a little bit of character change, and the same series gave us Harley Quinn, but hitting Bane with the stupid-ray seemed like a silly change to me. Honestly that was my biggest fear going into this film, but it looks like they're getting it right!

I had just a few doubts about Nolan's ability to carry out the impossible, e.g. topping his 2008 neo-noir/summer action sequel masterpiece. First trailer was terribly underwhelming for me, second was alright. But this- this- I can't even begin to express my hype for the movie now. The shots they picked were terrific- and now I can see where the film is going. It's gonna be colossal in scope and emotion. Nolan has my vote for my most anticipated film of the year. Opinions?

You stole the thoughts out of my brain. This is EXACTLY how I've reacted to it all. This new trailer looks AMAZING.

Except for the part about it being my most-anticipated movie. I guess I'll put it at a tie for #2, tied with "Prometheus". #1 for me this year is "Django Unchained".

Ah, yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to Prometheus. Scott has been relatively weaker this last decade so I hope he brings back his A-game, as he always does in the sci-fi genre.

And Django is my second most anticipated- I'm a colossal Tarantino fan, almost more so than one of Nolan. But I'm dying to know how they will cap off such a so-far perfect saga, and I've been waiting for Rises ever since I stepped out of that IMAX theater in July 2008, so that's why. But I'm desperate to see if QT tops Inglourious, which I thought was his best yet.

This looks awesome! What I like about it (just like the previous two) is the serious tone. Nolan's not kidding around. Love it!

Back