movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

The Ward - 3/10 - Awful movie, but at least Amanda Heard was lovely

In the Bedroom - 9/10 - fantastic film and wonderful perormances from the cast

Wrath of the Titans - 6.5/10

This film had some great action sequences but the story was so half ass.

There was literally NO character development.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

7.5/10

A lot better than I thought it was going to be. Good storyline, some nice VFX, and the lighting was really nice at some parts. Never been a fan of X-Men but after this I might watch the others. A very good prequel.

Never Let Me Go....I cried. A lot. And the filmmaking was really well done. 8/10

Hanna! Holy sh!t, Joe Wright is epic. But the story was a little lacking. 8/10

The Road to Perdition

8/10

Cinematography was fantastic and the storyline and scenery was great, a really good gangster film.

Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark - Good classic film.

Independence Day - Fair, I'm surprised everybody went ga-ga over this when it came out.

Iron Man - Good show

Iron Man 2 - Good sequel

The Gathering (2002) - Cr@p. Turned it off 20mins in.

The Ledge - Textbook indie film. Thank God for fast forward. WTH did they spend $10m on? And again I'm surprised by what movies actress' choose to get naked for. What a miserable story. 2 theaters for a 1 week run. No kidding.

Drive "CinemaScore polls reflect this [film to be the type to evoke polarized reception among its viewers] sentiment, with audiences grading it with a "C-" average, noting its slow, meditative nature." Yup. I fast forwarded through most of it w/ subtitles turned on. Don't understand it's cult following. ($15m budget, BTW.)

The Disappearance of Alice Creed 7.5/10
A very nice low budget film, three characters, handful of locations, good story, well executed.

happythankyoumoreplease Mmmm... tough call on this one. 6.5-ish/10
It's a fine 20-somethings generation Y self-naveling work. Yeah, it's all drama, but it's better than an awful lot of wretched indie dramas, but still a fine textbook indie film.

Last edited:
Quiz Show 7/10 - Got a little slow toward the end, but a very captivating film with really interesting characters.

The Hunger Games 9/10 - Awesome. My favorite movie of the year so far.

30 Minutes or Less 5/10 - Good enough for what it was--a stoner film without the weed.

Red 2/10 - Didn't even make it halfway through.

The Muppet Movie (2011) 6/10 - I think it was a pretty faithful and well-done Muppet movie. But I'm just too old to enjoy it, I think. Oh well.

Last edited:
The Hunger Games was pretty good. 8/10

The treat is what happened afterwards. Ran into an independent film producer in Chick Fil A (thank God for studio T-shirts) and I had a short conversation. Then gave him my YouTube channel/screenwriting site addresses.

:D

Centurion. I want to like it, but... I've made it a little over half way through to date. I definately liked The Eagle better, from what I've seen, anyway.

The Hunger Games. Not Winter's Bone, but, still, pretty good, solid, and entertaining. Maybe a 7 or an 8.

Apollo 18 - about 2 out of 10. I really lost interest before things started to go bad with the mission.

After this I don't think I'll bother with any "found footage" films anymore. After I agreed to see Paranormal Activity 3 with my son, I think its just an excuse to not bother putting any effort into getting good footage. BTW I would only give that a 3.

Well, I saw a musical play, which there doesn't seem to be a thread for.

Wicked (10/10) Absolutely stellar. Beautifully written, composed and thought out, and the little production house I saw this at did a great job.

The Descent - ?/10 - I really don't know what to rate this. Rosario Dawson was good, but the revenge plot was awful and the final scene was over the top, mainly from the audio side. I really didn't like it but have to give props to the director of doing a haunting scene.

As for plays, I saw Red a month ago - 9/10 - fantastic. I forget how great plays are

I'm going to go ahead and say that "Cabin in the Woods" is an absolute MUST SEE!!!

This movie is so awesome. It works as horror. It works as comedy. It works as an intelligent satire. Holy crap, if you are even slightly a fan of the horror genre, I highly implore that you see this movie ASAP.

It drags on, slightly, at one part, so it's not at all perfect, but I'll give it an "A-", and that will likely put it in my top-10 of the entire year, when it's all said and done.

Back