Best ever noise isolating headphones? The Remote Audio HN-7506

Quite excited to give this a spin, once the new gel pads arrive. They share the same drivers as in my Sony MDR-7506 headphones, thus the listening experience should be the same but with a 45dB reduction on any external sounds leaking in!

This would have been especially useful last weekend when I was recording next to a busy road, so I could more accurately discern between what precisely was I recording or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvSC97LTq5Y

Last edited:
Various versions of isolating headphones - with the MDR-7506 drivers - have been around for years. They used to be a semi-custom thing, with the "electronics" installed in the same ear protection used on shooting ranges and airports. Most professional PSMs have at least one it their kit.

Various versions of isolating headphones - with the MDR-7506 drivers - have been around for years. They used to be a semi-custom thing, with the "electronics" installed in the same ear protection used on shooting ranges and airports. Most professional PSMs have at least one it their kit.

I think you'll find they're rarer than you think in a PSM's kit. But yes, is a very useful addition to have.

And I'm not aware of any one else than Remote Audio who are (semi) mass producing this mod for public sale?

Back