Stop talking about your DREAMS and work on your GOALS

A short motivational blog I posted on my website, that I'd love to share with all of you, indie warriors!

I'm a strong believer that your behavior depends on the choice of your words. Simple adjustments of words can really change your view on the world around you.

"I wrote a book" is different from "I'm an author". When you say you wrote a book, you specify you did it only once and maybe you won't do it again. It is a singluar event. But if you're a book author, you'll write as many books as you'd like.

READ MORE

"I wrote a book" is different from "I'm an author". When you say you wrote a book, you specify you did it only once and maybe you won't do it again. It is a singluar event. But if you're a book author, you'll write as many books as you'd like. [/URL]

Interesting, as from my experience the person someone calling themselves an author wouldn't give me much confidence that they've actually done something. Having written a book shows that they've actually completed a project.

I know a lot of "writers" who've a lot of half finished screenplays and nothing to show.

I do understand your point though. Perhaps a better phrase would be "I write books."

The power of language and the power of asking the right empowering questions. It's powerful stuff.

I wrote a book, and damn straight... I'll never do it again ;)

I see it differently. I wrote a book to me is an accomplished goal. Been there done that. I am an author can more commonly mean an aspiring writer who has never completed a manuscript much less gotten one published.

I congratulate people who wrote books because it is a greater accomplishment that you seem to realize.

Big things come from setting small goals that are realistic that we achieve in sets to a much larger goal that can appear to be an impossible dream.

People need to look back at accomplishments later in life when their lives seem to be falling apart to remind them of battles they won as motivation to keep on plugging away.

That's like me looking at awards I got from school and work to remind me today that my hard work meant something. That should be the motivation you want to work for.

Back