Commercials

I want to film a commercial for Western Stage Props. Just a fun video to advertise our store/products. It won't be anything fancy -- in regards to equipment. I'll honestly be filming it on my phone or Nikon d3300. Other than that our showroom is super small. I am trying to figure out the most exciting way to portray our store. We could play up the camp and film it like a car lot with a stand in talking about the products with images of the whips and props guns fly in the background. Or we could do it like a local level jewelry store and pan over the products while showcasing the showroom.

Does anyone here have any experience filming commercials to advertise stores specifically (as opposed to just products)? If so, what style have you had the most success in filming?

I realize this is an open ended question, I was just hoping that a discussion will help me brainstorm better.

Thanks so much.

Why not find someone who has and knows how to use a solid camera/audio set-up in exchange for some free usage of props or a discount on purchases? Do a proper post as well. You'll definitely get a better commercial that way. A cheap commercial means - to potential clients - low quality products.

As far as the commercial itself, maybe some former clients can let you use clips from their projects showing your products in action. Or you can do a short clip yourself. Combine that with your "jewelry store pan over the products" and a great VO (Voice Over).

I was about to type that. :)

logo.ashx

Honestly, I was wanting to use the opportunity to see how well I could film a commercial myself and explore my creative chops, but you definitely gave me something to consider about the client's perception.

I do like the idea of showing the products in action. The trick ropes are great when it comes to that.

Thanks for your help.

Why not find someone who has and knows how to use a solid camera/audio set-up in exchange for some free usage of props or a discount on purchases? Do a proper post as well. You'll definitely get a better commercial that way. A cheap commercial means - to potential clients - low quality products.

As far as the commercial itself, maybe some former clients can let you use clips from their projects showing your products in action. Or you can do a short clip yourself. Combine that with your "jewelry store pan over the products" and a great VO (Voice Over).

If you want to explore your creative chops you should come up with your idea first and then pitch it here for feedback. Asking a question this open ended is asking for someone else to do the creative work for you.

I'd say the first thing to consider is your audience.
Are you trying to play a commercial on local tv or drum up internet business with a youtube ad?

If you want to explore your creative chops you should come up with your idea first and then pitch it here for feedback. Asking a question this open ended is asking for someone else to do the creative work for you.

I'd say the first thing to consider is your audience.
Are you trying to play a commercial on local tv or drum up internet business with a youtube ad?

Honestly, I was wanting to use the opportunity to see how well I could film a commercial myself and explore my creative chops.............

What is the goal of the video?
What do you want the viewer to think, feel and do after watching the video?
Who is your target audience?
What does your target audience try to achieve?
Why should they rent your stuff?

Back