SERIOUSLY SEEKING AGENT OR MANAGER

I don't know if a thread has been posted like this yet, I'm new to this site, but I'm seeking representation from an agent or manager. I've sent in query letters, pitches and screenplays to multiple agencies, production companies , you name it. I even have a friend who works in the business and knows people at SciFi channel, but I'm still looking in other areas and waiting for him to free up time. I've been a musician for 30 years, a writer for more than 20. It's my dream, my passion, my life to get into the business and be a respected writer. I wouldn't care if I had gotten offered a small deal to make one of my screenplays. I just want to get my foot in the door. I've had people read my stories and I haven't had one bad review. I just want somebody to tell me one of my screenplay stories is good and has potential. If it's a formatting issue, I'll work on it. That's what I want, to work and write screenplays. I use the proper programs (CELTX), so I know I'm formatting correctly. I just want a professional to read one.

This may sound like a desperate cry, but it's not. I'm sure their are many writers who are members of this site who feel the same, and I'm sure they've posted threads like this. If a thread like this leads to connections, great! If not, I'll keep plugging away at other sites.

So, if any agents or managers out there see this thread, give me a post. I have a great psychological thriller screenplay.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have your heart in it for sure. Getting your screenplay noticed can be a trying job. Have you gone to any Indie film makers in your area to see what they think? SOmetimes it may be alot easier for you to get in through one of the indie guys than going the route of companies like the SYFY channel. They get plenty of offered scipts and stuff everyday. I have read several script for some of the local writers, some good some bad. At present I am about ready to shoot a feature that was written by a local guy which I felt could go some place. Also I try to keep the writer involved throughout the project to get insight for him on any potential changes.
There are plenty of people who more than likelywill take a look at your work, try to find one localy first. Also try to protect it beforew handing it over to someone(Copyright, NDA)

I think you are aiming to hight. An agent will most od the time never take somebody who do not have a track record. Why he will spend time (fore them, time is money, it'S their more valuable asset, time) on somebody who did not made something yet.

And you will reply how can I make something if nobody gives me the opportunity. Voila the Career question. IT'S a circle. So you have to start somewhere. You have to create by your self your opportunity. Take thing in charge by your self. Otherwise you are dependant.

So how to do it?

I'm a good boy I will point you the Everest mountain you gonna have to climb. A least you will know were's the mountain.

BEcome a producer writer. Writer a script, a simple one, that you can make for 5000$.

First of Hire a D.O.P. Use his demo real to convince people to work with you.

Find 5000$. YOur money, credit card whatever.

Find a Director who like your script. For him it will be an opportunity and will do it for free.

Than organize a casting. WIth your director find the best actors for your script.

Then plan how to shoot the movie. SOund, light ect ect

FInd an editor.

Then you have a movie.

The question will be: is it good.

If not.

Restart.

Then who will create by your self your opportunity and will be in control.

And keep in mind, MAking the movie is 50% of the job. After that you need to movie to go out and make some deals.

Now climb the Everest mountain. Nobody will do it for you.

If you don't want to do all of this. Filmmaking is not for you, sorry, but it's true.

option 2: Be EXTREMELY TALENTED. So you overcome the system by being at the right place and at the right time.

option 3: Pray God for luck. Maybe you should by a lottery ticket, you will have better chance.

Sorry but that true life, it's not like in the movies.... :(

Back