oktava mk-102 xlr cable?

Hey there!

was just wondering since I got my Oktava MK-102 today, what kind of xlr cable do I have to use? Im a total noob regarding sound so take it easy on me :D

Any standard XLR cable will do. You are better off getting a higher end one that has good shielding to ward off noise. They are Male to Female...w/ the female end plugging into the mic and the other end into your cam, mixer or digital recorder.

What are you wanting to plug it into ??? You might need an impedance matching adapter.

LOL, you mean 012 right? But IndieBudget is right on the spot. Just make sure whatever you plug into can provide Phantom power (+48v---which is actually anywhere from 9-52v)

Any standard XLR cable will do. You are better off getting a higher end one that has good shielding to ward off noise. They are Male to Female...w/ the female end plugging into the mic and the other end into your cam, mixer or digital recorder.

What are you wanting to plug it into ??? You might need an impedance matching adapter.

Well, Im buying a Zoom H4N recorder and was thinking of plugging it in that, so what do you think? :)

YUP..that would work.. it has a setting for phantom power. I have the Zoom & I like it.

HOWEVER....Alcove Audio ( he apparently knows audio ) sez the Tascam DR-100 recorder is better for the same price

Yes, I noticed its in the 300 dollar range, but I found a good deal on ebay for Zoom H4n and its 238 $ which is not bad, though I dont know how different it is from the one you mentioned? Its interesting. Well, I also saw some shorts in which Zoom H4N was used and I gotta say, they sound pretty damn good :D

By the way, whats that impedence matching thing you mentioned?

If you are going XLR to XLR don't worry about impedance matching; that's for XLR to 1/4" or 1/8 minipin.

The DR-100 is a much better build and has smoother pre-amps than the H4n; it also has somewhat better battery life when providing phantom power.

If you are going XLR to XLR don't worry about impedance matching; that's for XLR to 1/4" or 1/8 minipin.

The DR-100 is a much better build and has smoother pre-amps than the H4n; it also has somewhat better battery life when providing phantom power.

Yes I read something about 1/4 when I was checking for XLR cables on ebay, but nonetheless, wasnt sure which one to look for. What should I be looking after Alcove? :)

I agree, and the Tascam also has independent mechanical leveling dials, as opposed to the Zoom, which has menu based.

Back