"Detours" feature bts - part 3

mlesemann

Staff Member
IT's own Cracker Funk has been shooting a series of behind the scenes interviews with the lead actors & crew of my 2nd feature, Detours, which goes into production this coming Monday Sep 22.

Here's the latest installment, which features interviews with our director, dp, and line producer, plus a little for our 2 lead actors.

http://youtu.be/ZRjSs3UbQhs

Looking great Mara. The pacing of the cuts between subjects is excellent. I think I'd maybe like to see a bit more shot variety, but I understand that's tricky if you're shooting single-camera set-ups for this sort of thing. But I've seen all the BTS interviews so far and they're looking good, so nice job CF :)

Did you change director? I had thought that you were collaborating again with the director of Surviving Family, but maybe that was just a daydream...

Thanks Nick!
When we are in production, starting next week, we anticipate more variety in camera angles. We didn't have many choices on these first ones :)

Tks for noticing re director (now I know you've been paying attention!). Unfortunately we had to make a change. Laura Thies , who directed Surviving Family, is German and unfortunately we were not able to get the needed O1 visa. We interviewed a number of people and I'm really glad we picked Rob as he has a real rapport with both lead actors and really "gets " the story.

Tks for noticing re director (now I know you've been paying attention!).

Of course I've been paying attention – you're this forum's secret big shot ;) (I only say secret because you don't make a big song and dance about it).

Detours has a fantastic cast and I'm excited to see where it goes (no pun intended).

I think Rob will do an excellent job. I get a really positive vibe from him, and he and Chris seem to have a great relationship.

Nick, I appreciate your compliments, and agree with your critique. These first few vids have been nothing but talking-heads, and that's not something I'm super crazy about. For preproduction, it really wasn't feasible for us to do anything else, though.

As Mara alluded to, the meat-and-potatoes of what she hired me for takes place during production. Whereas everything you've seen up until now was filmed in just a handful of interviews, I'll be on set for almost 50% of the production! I'm chomping at the bit to get some kick-ass footage. Mind you, that doesn't mean that talking-heads won't still exist, but I'll definitely be able to do a lot more than break up the visual monotony. :)

Back