Absolute newbie here UK

Hi Guys.
Have always wanted to make a film. I am a 35 year old roofer with absolutley no experience whatsover, In fact i've never turned on a camera till last week. I have always had a love for early 80's horror b movies so i have written and screenplayed a short film which is a homage to these films. I have aquired an almost unused dvx100b(outdated i know but i like the look of what it produces) a rode mic pro with boom kit, Floodlights on tripods, a flycam 5000 and a slik tripod. As you can imagine i have a LOT of questions for the more seasoned pro's amongst you and look forward to chatting with you and learning more about my new passion! Best wishes Barri

Hi Barri! I'm a horror man myself, so if you ever need somebody to take a look at your screenplay or anything, give me a shout!

p.s. What took you so long to post? Your join date says Jan 2008!

Hi Mad. I originally wrote a feature fim in 2008 which i intend to produce some day but got distracted by starting a business. Realised i was running before i could walk so am going to try a few shorts first, my first being "Radioactive Gorilla". I have around 15 people involved and even if it turns out terrible i'm sure it will good fun. Doing lots of research on everything at the moment. Thanks for the offer on the script, may take you up on that.

Hi Mad. I originally wrote a feature fim in 2008 which i intend to produce some day but got distracted by starting a business. Realised i was running before i could walk so am going to try a few shorts first, my first being "Radioactive Gorilla". I have around 15 people involved and even if it turns out terrible i'm sure it will good fun. Doing lots of research on everything at the moment. Thanks for the offer on the script, may take you up on that.

You gotta put it on here. I like horror and I'm a gorilla.

On a bike.

Not radioactive, though.

A suggestion. Don't spend 3 grand on your first short. Spend 30 quid, shoot it as simply as possible, get your mistakes out of the way.

Then shoot the one you want to shoot.

Took me three shorts, two film festivals, some music vids, artistic pieces and a few interviews to get to a level where I don't physically throw up when I see my stuff. Lots of learning.

But maybe I'm a slow learner.

Back