Harvey Weinstein fired from The Weinstein Co.

I'm not saying this is what they're doing, but if the premise is that they ARE social engineering, then that would be the motivation.

I'm not saying this is what they're doing, but if the premise is that they ARE social engineering, then that would be the motivation.
Got it. I’ll have to wait for KelG's thoughts.
I guess it might take a while, it was 6 years since his last post.
such behavior was never reported to exist at Walt Disney under its founder so it isn't like "powerful men = Weinstein."
Special situation. This type of serial abuse has not been reported at Exxon or any other major business.
The lack of reports at Disney or other businesses doesn’t eliminate the possibility of harassment there.
It was much easier to hush things up before.
This can happen anywhere in life, & they’ve always tried to hide it. Look at the Catholic church.

Last edited:

The lack of reports at Disney or other businesses doesn’t eliminate the possibility of harassment there.
It was much easier to hush things up before.
This can happen anywhere in life, & they’ve always tried to hide it. Look at the Catholic church.

MeToo brought things to light that were hidden for years.
People with bad intentions, the opportunity and the feeling they can get away with it, will try to do what they want.
Weinstein is not the exception nor the rule.

Well it was quiet for quite a long time

Chris Hardwick, former host of @ Midnight, was a controlling and abusive boyfriend.
That's enough bad publicity these days to get their show taken off the air..

"The network on Saturday announced that it will not air the second season of Talking With Chris Hardwick, which was set to premiere this Sunday night at 11/10c with guest Donald Glover. What’s more, Hardwick will no longer moderate planned AMC and BBC America panels at San Diego Comic-Con in July, where he was set to host both The Walking Dead and Doctor Who."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/c...derate-sdcc-panels/ar-AAyJks4?ocid=spartandhp

EDIT: Gets me thinking.. yeah he has issues and I wouldn't want to date either of them.
But tons of people have issues, they can work on those issues and mitigate them but they'll never really change. So where does that leave someone that is emotionally abusive??

Its unreasonable to expect them to never date. Especially if theyre young, good looking and successful. The only answer I can think of is that they need to date someone strong enough to defend themselves. Cant have a wolf dating a sheep. Age difference definitely doesn't help.

Last edited:
I think - but can't prove - that in some of these cases, management has heard reports of and is concerned about far more serious things than being emotionally abusive. So they cite what they are sure of, rather than mentioning something that they suspect but can't substantiate. At the end of the day, the networks are free to cancel any show for any reason.

I hope youre right ... i'd like to think most people have an ex that would say nasty things about them. Especially if they've been married. Shouldn't disqualify you from any job because you have a scorned lover

Back