• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Indian Indpendent filmmakers looking to crowdsource a Short Film

Odh is a short film to be shot on 16mm about little Dinya who runs away from his village in Western India to see the sea for the first time.

This is the graduation film for director Naina Panemanglor of London Film School. We will be shooting the film on 16mm, and have scheduled to begin shooting mid-January of the New Year.

As independent filmmakers in India, one of our biggest struggles is the funding for the film. We are a well-trained and talented bunch of young filmmakers who are unwilling to compromise on the quality of the film.

Please visit www.indiegogo.com/odh to see a small promo what we shot for the film. If you like what you see, you can contribute a small amount of money.

I think we can depend on the kindness of fillm-lovers from over the world to help us achieve the goals for Odh that we have set.

Thank you for your time.
for any queries, you can email us at odh.film@gmail.com

Last edited:
Hey nice to meet you people. Wouldn't it be easier to just shoot HD digital? Some people think that 1080p looks even better than 16mm. So you may be get better quality for cheaper. Also what are you planning on record your audio with? Analog tape or digital?

Why 16mm

Hi harmonica44, nice to meet you too!

The simple answer to your question is that we were adamant to shoot this on film, and cannot afford 35mm.
We infact want the slightly unpredictable, grainy quality of film ... and think that film will be the most forgiving in the sort of light conditions we are planning to shoot (this being a road film and we are using no lights really: basic lights only for some interiors )

shooting on the Arri 416

we are not anti-digital or anything of that sort but visually thought that film would suit this story the best

sound is going to recorded digitally on the Sound Device 788t

Okay. I know what you mean. For a while there, I was adamant about wanting to record audio on analog tape, since I think that old tape sound, sounds better. But a lot of people tend to disagree, plus it's a lot more expensive for me, and I'd rather put more money towards other things.

If you want that grainy look, what if you shot on digital, then transferred the recording to 16mm after? That way, you are not using near as much films, since only your final edit, will be going on film, rather than everything you shot.

It's not just the grainy look but also the fact that film will work best in the light conditions we're shooting at; also the discipline it will bring on the set.
hahha, what can we say - we're fans of Film... ! :)

Back