• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Showreel Feedback 2015

Hi All,

Always a good place for feedback.

Cut myself a new director/editor showreel made from some projects from the last year or so. Done a lot of music videos and a few comedy skits, although most things I've done have had some sort of horror vibe here and there. Wanted to get across some versatility but showcase a bit more of the sinister stuff I've worked on.

Just looking for some feedback. I wanted to work on as much stuff as possible in the next few months, and want a strong reel to try and get involved in more stuff as well as my own projects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy0uHKnruXs

Cheers

I feel like if its Directoral mainly then it should include dialogue, I also think you could shorten this reel down to around 40-50 seconds as alot of stuff probably isnt worth watching.

Perhaps I should be more accurate.

This is more my "self shooter" reel, so i am trying to show off my visuals etc.

Good point raised though, as my long term goal is to move exclusively into directing, I should have a reel with dialogue/action for a "directing reel".

Cheers for watching

Surely others will have a different opinion, but I'm of the opinion that reels are useless for a director. You need a body of work you can show where you tell stories. Directors reels don't show this. At least for narrative.

For music videos. I have to shrug my shoulders. I just don't know.

Back