I need a good program that will copy my DVD video to my computer?

I need a good program that will copy my DVD video to my computer and convert it to WMV or AVI in high quality, with no distortion to the sound or video. No trials, i already have several. I want something to keep.

Mac or PC? And I'll make the rash assumption (based on your phrasing) this is video that you've produced and archived and need back in a digital format to work on again (or something like that)?

Don't know about the PC side of things, but on the mac, Handbrake has worked for me to redigitize work that I've needed to pull out of archival after hardware crashes.

Based on the desired destination format, I'll assume you are looking for a windows-based program...

There are a few freeware applications (or in many cases, a collection of applications that work together to achieve the desired result) available, so they're not trials, they are full programs, but free.. :)

Here's a pretty complete list: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/dvd-to-avi-divx-xvid There are a few trials in there too, but many freeware solutions. AutoGK is probably the best one.

Back