• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch MUGS: Award-Winning Comedy About A School Shooting

Wrote/directed/edited this within a week. Shooting was an exhausting 9-hour debacle all in one poorly air-conditioned room, so the stress here is definitely authentic.

So far, this won me Best Student Short and Best Young Filmmaker (17 & Under) at the Indie Fest and has gotten a couple festival acceptances, including Santa Monica and IndieFlicks.

Enjoy, guys. Let me know what you think.

vimeo.com/128685606

Last edited:
I thought this was really good. I enjoyed the writing and humour. Pacing could have been tightened up a bit. The title disrupted the flow of things and was unnessecary. Some bits also linger too long (such as the number of 'mug' shots - I know it helps the pun in your title, but it damages the film), where the main strength of the film is the quick-talking dialogue. It could have been edited down a little - the jokes are funny, but you don't move on from some of those jokes fast enough.

Back