Looking to put a crew together to take Sundance.

So the start date depends on me?

You have your two writers; Murdock and Gabriel and you have
my answer about writing.

But since the start date depends on if I want to write or edit I
will edit.

The entry deadline to Sundance is when?

That doesn't leave much time. Less than 6 months to
write an excellent script, put together the money, cast
actors, gather a crew, shoot, and then do all the necessary
post production work.

I'm assuming this will be an unpaid gig so I will have to
edit in my spare time. That can add a lot of time to the
post period. My suggestion is to have this in the can no
later than May 1. Which means an April shoot. So only
two months and change to get the script, money, cast
and crew.

I LOVE the challenge. I'm sad I can't be part of the shoot.

Okay I rewrote this whole post. Cause what was here was a drunk rant (B-day party last night), but basically I was asking, in no uncertain terms, what is your plan, exactly??

Last edited:
A March shoot would be perfect.

Glad you're keeping this alive. How about some more posts on the
progress to keep us interested and maybe generate more interest.

A March shoot would be perfect.

Glad you're keeping this alive. How about some more posts on the
progress to keep us interested and maybe generate more interest.

I'm just waiting on my steadycam and everything to come in the mail, and the outline for the script.

Maybe you would like to pitch in. Could make it more likely that nothing goes wrong?? What do you think?

Sure, I'm in. Stupid grin included. You and I end up friends at the end of the movie. :yes:

Edit: I don't know you and I'm sorry if I offended you in some way. That wasn't my intention. Peace.

Last edited:
So only
two months and change to get the script, money, cast
and crew.

May i ask to the OP, how this is going to come about? What has been happening behind the scenes since the start of the thread?

I've been eagerly tracking the threads progress, and am still none-the-wiser since it begun.

Just under seven weeks, or there abouts, to do all of the above, is a very troublesome and time-consuming process. Especially as you're aiming to tackle Sundance, and have an ideal for your material, which would require the best cast, locations, crew. All of which are costly, and require a great deal of thought.

I'm not one to be a skeptic, I'm sincerely excited to see the process develop in such a short amount of time. Everybody at IT loves to see the coming together.

It just feels that whatever is happening, is concealed, and slightly unspoken. Unless you're all in communication, and are informed.

I'm just very interested to see the progress.

Update?

I wish I lived in Illinois.

Just out of interest, why do people think they need to live in the same state to collaborate in 2011?

Out of these four:

Screenwriters
Producers
Editors
Cinematographers

Only the last one needs physical face to face cooperation. The rest can be done be email, file transfer and FedEx.

I'm just curious. I see the location thing: "I wish I lived in XYZ" brought up a lot.

Last edited:
May i ask to the OP, how this is going to come about? What has been happening behind the scenes since the start of the thread?

I've been eagerly tracking the threads progress, and am still none-the-wiser since it begun.

Just under seven weeks, or there abouts, to do all of the above, is a very troublesome and time-consuming process. Especially as you're aiming to tackle Sundance, and have an ideal for your material, which would require the best cast, locations, crew. All of which are costly, and require a great deal of thought.

I'm not one to be a skeptic, I'm sincerely excited to see the process develop in such a short amount of time. Everybody at IT loves to see the coming together.

It just feels that whatever is happening, is concealed, and slightly unspoken. Unless you're all in communication, and are informed.

I'm just very interested to see the progress.

Update?

Hey Paper. I'm writing as we .....write? It's going to be a wacky comedy in the same vein as Super Bad/Mall Rats. I don't want to say too much cause it isn't my project, but Kriegs and I have been in constant contact. We went over the rough outline for the movie yesterday.

Anyone that's interested in helping/contributing contact the OP kriegs089.

Just out of interest, why do people think they need to live in the same state to collaborate in 2011?

Out of these four:

Only the last one needs physical face to face cooperation. The rest can be done be email, file transfer and FedEx.

I'm just curious. I see the location thing: "I wish I lived in XYZ" brought up a lot.

This is true. I'm in Dallas, Texas.

Back