Question to those who know anything about Acting Agents in NY

But, Rik, I hope you reconsider that. Like trueindie said, and unless I'm way off (LDS could make clear exactly what he meant), I don't think LDS meant to directed that at you. Yes, the first part of his reply was a response to you. But the rest was a response to others who were far less generous than you were. Unless I'm way off.

People offered the OP advice.

The OP did not like some of that advice, slated them for it even though it was valid advice, and people were taking time out of their busy schedules to offer it to assist him. Nice...

If this kind of thing continues, the seasoned members will simply reply a lot less.

What's the point in spending time and energy giving valid advice when asked then being slammed by the OP for it.

Last edited:
Just based on what I've heard about .......

Acting agents are serious about only those who can posses the ability .
For this purpose Agents refer the section called Experience in stage acting .

Is this enough ?

may be not.

Collect information about Agent's clients for whom he is capable of getting projects.
There are said to be fake agents roaming eating up aspiring actors pocket money giving useless result.

If you come to know about any real authentic agent who is serious , build trust up to that level so that,
He can take your name in front of Casting manager.

(CASTING COUCH ?
I don't wanna discuss about it.)

Agents have to build great trusting relationship in front of casting manager.
Hope , agent can bravely say he got someone for that particular cast ...And it's you !!!!!

Hope now you know the environment of industry working inside .

Where in NY will you be? NY is a fairly large state. I'm going to assume you are referring to NYC. If so, your best bet would be to search for open casting calls that will take place during that time. I'm not sure how much of a quick relationship you will build with a talent agent before leaving NYC so that may not be the best option. Short films cast and shoot quickly- so maybe look at the Backpage, Mandy or, gulp, Craigslist. Sometimes there are some good things on there. In 5 weeks, you'd need to choose an avenue that would allow for the casting process and the shoot.

Back