a little insecure question to film makers/directors

erm... I don't even get acting auditions lol... I get commercials and I get the parts but not like films :rolleyes: :(

Work is work, experience - good and bad - is experience. When I started out pounding dive bars all the way to when I played famous venues (that took ten years) as a working musician I would on nights off go to see friends and contemporaries play (and sometimes sit in), took auditions (you never know when something amazing will appear), went to open jam nights, any and every venue where I could experience my peers and/or perform and network, network, network.

If you add a big, wide network to a reputation for reliability and good, solid, conscientious, creative work you will start to get more gigs. Push harder; go to acting seminars, classes, amateur theater groups, MeetUp.com groups, etc. to just keep on acting as much as you can and networking with other actors. Go to a seminar on Directing Actors to get a perspective from the other side of the lens. Just get out there and act and network.

first I make thread "when do you know you should give up" - and now this

I AM A POSITIVE PERSON! lol :D :cool:

But... Question!

Me, as also an actor go across casting calls, a lot of them... most of them... all of them have minimum height 5'5 and above.

How many of you would hire 5'2 tall actor (yes I is short lol :cool: :rolleyes: )

I would!

The part in a film depends on many things and not only on the stature of the actor!

All you have to do is think about Tom Cruise :)

I will shortly be casting for a short film, for which I am looking for one of the actors to be able to get the viewing public TOTALLY on his side.

If you think that you can do that then do contact me.

All the best.

CJ

first I make thread "when do you know you should give up" - and now this

I AM A POSITIVE PERSON! lol :D :cool:

But... Question!

Me, as also an actor go across casting calls, a lot of them... most of them... all of them have minimum height 5'5 and above.

How many of you would hire 5'2 tall actor (yes I is short lol :cool: :rolleyes: )

I would!

The part in a film depends on many things and not only on the stature of the actor!

All you have to do is think about Tom Cruise :)

I will shortly be casting for a short film, for which I am looking for one of the actors to be able to get the viewing public TOTALLY on his side.

If you think that you can do that then do contact me.

All the best.

CJ

Back