5 Nolan Movie Criticisms That Are Totally Valid

I think Nolan tells good stories, however, my biggest criticism of his, are the way he shoots things sometimes. I think perhaps he actually uses too many cuts and camera movements. Even slow camera movements, just during simple things such as the early restaurant scene in The Dark Knight. So many cuts and movement, he just doesn't know to keep still.

I also find some of his fight and action scenes to be a bit plane. Like for example in The Dark Knight when the SWAT officers charged and disarmed Joker's men, they don't even show how they managed to overpower thugs with machine guns and take them alive, without getting shot. He just shows the charge from a far angle where most of the disarming is blocked. If he would just get his camera in closer and show more shots of how the action is done, that would be cool.

Michael Bay is a worse director when it comes to storytelling but he actually has better action scenes in his movies in my opinion. Just the action though, not much else. However, those are my biggest criticisms of Nolan and I don't really have any others I don't think.

I suppose his stories are more about brain that heart, more about theory than meaning, like the site says, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, and it's all about what kind of stories you are attracted to.

Gotta agree with the list. I personally don't like anything he's made, except the villains in the last two Batmans, though their greatness is due to great actors, make-up artists, costume designers, etc.

I haven't seen Interstellar though, and I'm not sure if I want to.

Gotta agree with the list. I personally don't like anything he's made, except the villains in the last two Batmans, though their greatness is due to great actors, make-up artists, costume designers, etc.

I haven't seen Interstellar though, and I'm not sure if I want to.

I don't plan to watch it. Not a fan of space exploration.

Back