Star Wars Ep 7 trailer.

I'm not convinced it's gonna be good, but I'm also not convinced it's gonna be bad. But Summer isn't in it from what I can see. JJ Abrams emasculated the last Star Trek, so I'm not going to be too optimistic, but I'll keep an open mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6LJ5x4NgM

Lol, the worst keying and masking I've seen in a while.
@AM don't use your eyes to scrutinice writings only ;)

Trololol! :P

The lack of cg lens flare should've given it away pretty quickly. :D

Last edited:
It's just a teaser for a film that's not opening for over a year. I wouldn't expect them to lay out the story yet... there will be plenty more trailers to do that next summer.

I'M not excited for it, personally... if you are a Star Wars fan, I implore you to check out Space Pilots!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxB-P5DkziA

yeah, just a teaser to get us interested. So for things to be interested in:
1) trooper that's not a clone (this has been addressed in Rebels, but I haven't started watching that yet)
2) X-Wings! Frell yeah!
3) Falcon action
4) Presumably child of Leia (and Han?) doing things.
5) badass sith with broadsword style sabre. Seriously, when hand-loss seems to be the #1 inflicted injury amongst jedi, why have we not seen hilts before now? (answer: we have, but in the EU, so cool seeing that come over into mainstream cannon)

Anyway, it's a teaser. And I am teased. Looking forward to this!

5) badass sith with broadsword style sabre. Seriously, when hand-loss seems to be the #1 inflicted injury amongst jedi, why have we not seen hilts before now? (answer: we have, but in the EU, so cool seeing that come over into mainstream cannon)

When I fist saw that I was a bit worried that Abrams was breaking canon, but a little bit of research found that it's called the "crossguard" lightsaber.

I really hope that Abrams sticks to canon... Not to say they should follow the books, but not to contradict anything in them.

A lasery cross-guard seems like a good way to loose your own fingers...or other things. I get that that's what a normal cross-guard is supposed to protect against. But with a light saber, not sure it makes sense.

I don't like the subtitle.

But yeah, it looks like it's good looking, at least.

Aspiring Mogul, you should keep this thread relevant by editing your first post and put the real trailer above the fake one. Add new trailers, as they come out.

These edited versions are going viral, which means the fan base is NOT happy with what they think will be coming out. And that's good news for aspiring moguls. :)

which means the fan base is NOT happy with what they think will be coming out.

Does it?

Spoofs with any blockbuster franchise are innevitable. The one I saw (linked earlier in the thread) males fun of George Lucas. If you read anything into that it suggests a joy that Lucas isn't directing (and hence some form of approval for the teaser). Besides any blockbuster franchise with such a huge fanbase is always going to disappoint a lot of people when a new film comes out. Harry potter and lord of the rings were huge, but heaps of people complained that the books were better (or that earlier films in the series were better). Its a natural consequence.

AM I think you jump to conclusions based on 2 false assumptions:

- spoofs go viral, because people hope it's better than the real thing
- spoofs get likes, because people think it's better than the real thing

2 major factors are left out of your equation:
- curiousity: fans are curious, even about fake trailers
- humor: fans can have humor about the subject of their fan-focus (I had to make up a word, there must be a better one :P )

The George Lucas version goes viral, because people are curious and people like it for vairous reasons:
- it's a hilarious reference to how George upgrade the old series by adding more and more stuff on screen
- they like the creativity and humor the maker put in it
- they indeed hoped George Lucas would have directed it (which will likely be a minority, I believe.)
- people think it's funny how it got all crowded on screen (without knowing the history of the 'upgrades')
- they just like it, because they like Star Wars stuff
- many more reasons

These edited versions are going viral, which means the fan base is NOT happy with what they think will be coming out.
An unusual understanding of why those edited versions went viral.

I was on set all weekend - we actually stopped shooting on Friday to
watch the E:VII trailer. Everyone was VERY happy with what they
think will be coming out. Even a few people who are not SW fans
expressed more interest in seeing VII than the previous films. Then
late Saturday and all day yesterday (Sunday) the GL:Special Edition
was the talk of the day. Everyone LOVED it. I didn't have even one
conversation with anyone who liked it because they were NOT happy
with what they think will be coming out - they loved it because it
was well done, clever and (as Walter so accurately said) it's a hilarious
reference to how Lucas messed with the old series. This is from the
fan base.

And that's good news for aspiring moguls. :)
How is it good news for aspiring moguls if the fan base of a major franchise
do not like the movies made?

Back