What's the appropriate credit for this role?

I'm shooting a film very shortly. I cowrote it with another person (person a), and cocreated it with person b.

Person B and I initially conceived the story. Person B doesn't have much film experience outside acting, and didn't feel comfortable writing it, so I wrote the screenplay with Person A. Person B gave useful feedback, and served as a sounding board for ideas.

Person B helped me run auditions (serving as an acting partner for applicants, and giving some feedback to actors - though I was giving the majority of direction, she just gave a few extra thoughts). She will be having a similar role during rehearsals and on set (although won't be there for everyday of shooting due to scheduling issues).

She's also helping with a lot of miscellaneous pre-pro tasks (helping location scout, storyboarding because I can't draw, etc). She is doing costuming, and leading the art dept.

How do I credit her?
I figure she deserves an art direction credit, but how do I credit her other roles? Acting coach? Co-director even? Co-Producer?

Any thoughts on appropriate accreditation?

Last edited:
Probably a 'story by' credit, and you could give her an associate producer credit to cover the gamut of other things.

So it'd be something like:

A [you] film

Written by [you] and [person A]
based on a story by [you] and [person B]

Something along those lines anyway

Probably a 'story by' credit, and you could give her an associate producer credit to cover the gamut of other things.

So it'd be something like:

A [you] film

based on a story by [you] and [person B]

Something along those lines anyway

More accurately for this particular case (knowing a little about the project):

A [you] film

Based on an idea by [you] and [person B]

Back