New Indiana Jones movie confirmed.

I think I'd like them to drop the biological father/son thing and just go with a new Indiana Jones. Really didn't seem to work very well in 4.

If Ford is in the film, I guess he'll have to play the elder Indiana. That's cool. Chris Pratt would probably do.

I don't think I'd mind if they rebooted it. I'm usually annoyed by reboots. But that might be the way to go with this franchise. But it's tough to think of any known actor who could fill Ford's shoes. Ford is rather unique, I guess. They've been doing it with 007 all these decades, though.

On that note, I was thinking today that Daniel Craig might be a good fit, actually, if he could affect a good Yankee accent. Only thing there, I suppose, is maybe he's gotten up there in years, himself. So maybe they'd have the trouble of replacing him too soon, as well.

I wish Hugh Jackman seemed right, but I just don't know....

I know this one's a little out there, but it occurred to me today that Johnny Depp might actually be quite interesting in the role. I know it probably wouldn't be the quirky sort of role he'd be interested in, anyway. Just a passing thought.

I've been watching Marvel's Daredevil, so...Charlie Cox might work, although maybe not rugged enough (in a Ford way). I think I'd be more enthused about him playing Indie than I would if Pratt were.

Adam Rothenberg. From Ripper Street.

Man, it's a tough one. I don't envy the casting director or the others involved who have to pick/find the actor right for the role.

I think I cracked it.

I know who the next Indiana Jones should be.

Mark Ruffalo.

He's very likable. Good looking. Good actor. And though it might not seem like it at first glance or thought, he has some of Ford's looks and physicality...but different. He would be equally believable as an academic and as an adventurer.

:cool:

I think I cracked it.

I know who the next Indiana Jones should be.

Mark Ruffalo.

He's very likable. Good looking. Good actor. And though it might not seem like it at first glance or thought, he has some of Ford's looks and physicality...but different. He would be equally believable as an academic and as an adventurer.

:cool:

Nothing personal about Chris Pratt, but I just don't quite understand why people keep bringing him up. It reminds me of when Brendan Frasier did the mummy movies and everyone was similarly saying he should be the new indie. I think Chris has potential in his own way and perhaps he could play some new indie-like role, but I haven't seen any real grit or depth that I enjoy from Harrison Ford's performances. If he were introduced as an apprentice to indie, I could possibly buy that, but not indie himself. I wish Viggo Mortensen was a bit younger, I think he could bring some interesting dimension to the role.

Back