Thinking about Re-Branding my Youtube Channel

It looks like a neon sign for a club in the 80s or 90s.
Keep messing around, I think you are not there yet.
Although the smile is a nice touch.

Or, like I suggested find a good graphic designer.

To brief the designer (or yourself):
- what vibe and attitude should the logo have? (Cool, rancid, WTF, cute, rebellious, and so on... you know :P )
- what emotion should be connected with it by the viewers?
- what archetypes fit you and your channel best? Is it the Jester? http://www.allegorystudios.com/culture-audits/12-brand-archetypes/ (Probably, but still: if you find a second one that fits (a bit) as well it can help you in the designing proces.)
- what colors would you think fit your brand? (Or ask your designer for suggestions.)

I did some rebranding two years ago and it was a good move. My first youtube channel I made back in 2008, and in 2010 I started a second channel for behind the scenes of the feature I was working on. I used my production company name, STARS Pictures. In 2012, I uploaded the first couple shows of my survival series and my channel started to take off. A year later, I rebranded the channel from STARS Pictures to El Director Vision, and it seems to be a good move. I've gained 1000 subs in the last two months so that's been cool. I still produce my films under STARS Pictures, but my brand is EDV.

It looks like a neon sign for a club in the 80s or 90s.

That's kinda what I was thinking. I think it gives the vibe of a comedy club. Perhaps I should have a brick background?

(my latest tweet has a test with a brick background. I'll be using a MUCH better texture than that, but I think if I have an intro featuring a comedy club setting, I might be onto something)

Last edited:
Brick or any other texture scales poorly.
Ideally a logo can be show really small and large without getting cluttered textures.
Having said that, you can use texture as a background for a logo. Just don't make it a real part of it.

(Am I making sense? lol)

Back