Jason & Aaron, Parody Gurus?

I'll say straight that I watch any feature film that comes out with the line of being a "spoof" movie. Now a majority of these movies (at least nowadays) are being made by Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer, right? Personally I find these movies extremely stupid and full of toilet like humor... but I still watch them?

And a large amount of people have to watch them as they do decently good in Box Office enough to keep those two making more movies with studios behind them.

I liked the first Scary Movie... it did fine and was a good laugh. From there out I disliked all the others including a majority of their other spoofs, however I did enjoy the chipmunks in Disaster Movie...

Opinions? Are they still in the business cause they are good at toilet humor? Or their track record of making money for the studios regardless?

Thread Revival!

Jason and Aaron seem to have finally hit rock bottom.

After making the Twilight parody titled "Vampires Suck" and earning a 60 million dollar profit from the 20 million dollar budget given to them by Regency, they seem to have lost studio backing.

I'm not sure why they lost studio backing. Vampires Suck made a HUGE amount of profit, which easily alines with the rest of their previous films.

Perhaps their next script just didn't have the same BAM humor as the others did. Did Regency lose faith that moviegoers would stop coming back for the toilet humor? Or did Regency finally look at the articles about this Hollywood duo ruining the parody genre?

Either way they had to turn to old friend and Scary Movie executive producer Peter Safran to secure the low budget of 4.5 million to make the Hunger Games parody, "The Starving Games". Clearly Regency knew something that Safran didn't because this movie couldn't even return profit when parodying one of the most successful book to film adaptations of the past decade.

Their next movie "Best Night Ever" doesn't even have a reported budget. Followed by almost 400 grand grossed, whatever the budget, I'm sure they lost money. Once again, Safran produced this for them!

He didn't learn from either of these mistakes either. Maybe he looked at the statistics. Date Movie, Scary Movie, Spy Hard, Disaster Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, and Vampires Suck; they all had 1 thing in common. They had a budget each of about 20 million dollars (Spartans had 30) and earned a shit ton more.

So let's give them the big budget again and see if they can pull off one of their hit parody films again!

What should they do? How about the world's most known racing franchise? Parodying The Fast and Furious, enters "Superfast!".

Now let me back track for a moment. As I originally said in 2013, I watch all their films because I enjoy them to a certain extent. They have toilet humor, and I'm a HUGE fan of Family Guy/Robot Chicken/South Park, etc... so this is my kind of humor. But I have no second thoughts in saying that Vampires Suck was bad, just as Starving Games was, but at least they still were Jason and Aaron quality parodies.

Superfast! wasn't even close to what these guys are known for... it's full of production flaws... stupid jokes... and completely lacks the humor that made them infamous... Although that recurring joke of hitting people with cars as a Deus Ex Machina is point on. Are they just grasping now to make a film like they used too?

Box Office results are still waiting for Superfast! but Safran hasn't lost faith yet... He's gotten them another 20 million to make a parody of Taken called "Who the F#@K Took My Daughter?"....

Back