Avengers: Age of Ultron?

Wait. Captain America IS a mutant, just not naturally. Hulk as mutant as well. Thor... well, he's ALIEN!!! And from the experiences of alien encounter in Marvel universe, all aliens are invaders. Now go and try to explain them, that one alien protects you from another...

And keep in mind, that what we know, is not necessary what the Marvel Earth citizens know. They probably can't tell the difference between Iron Man and Hulk, and might think both as mutants. They probably don't know what SHIELD is, but they do see the Avengers fight enemies on the streets. And then they see Magneto with his mutants.

Anyway, I get the point, I don't read comics, I watch movies, where many things are not shown. But Marvel can't expect everyone to go into comics and seek answers for their question from there. It is a good thing, but not everyone will do that. :)

Wow wow wow. Tony Stark (even in the movies) is FAMOUS and EVERYONE knows it's just a dude in a suit.

Captain America isn't a mutant. Mutants are created by evolution (google it). Captain America is genetically enhanced. Hulk, also is genetically enhanced (alas he failed in his final outcome).

Whoa! Marvel just announced the full phase 3 line-up!!!

Captain America: Civil War-- 6 May 2016
Doctor Strange - 4 November 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 5 May 2017
Thor: Ragnarok - 28 July 2017
Black Panther - 3 November 2017
Avengers: Infinity War (Part I) - 4 May 2018
Captain Marvel - 6 July 2018
Inhumans - 2 November 2018
Avengers: Infinity War (Part II) - 3 May 2019

They also left out the already announced Ant-Man. I can't wait to see what they do with this lot.

Oh, great. You mean there's going to be more of these... films? :P

Still, I bet the comic fans will be pleased. And my gf. Tony Stark is a hot apparently. :D

Man, there's some great stuff coming! I'm sort of glad they're splitting the Infinity War into two movies...after all those films building Thanos up, it would be almost anti-climactic otherwise. So, some thoughts:

- Inhumans! Much like Guardians, they're part of the cosmic stories, so it only makes sense to bring them in while dealing with Thanos. I don't expect that film will be as fun as Guardians (or, presumably, Guardians 2), but there's room in the universe for both silly and sci-fi films; and having both is a good thing.
- Dr Strange: man, if there was ever a Marvel film I was waiting for, this would be the one. No confirmed casting yet, but Benedict Cumberbatch and Joaquin Phoenix have both been mentioned. The latter would be perfect, but I'd be happy with the former too.
- Black Panther: it's still a shame that X-Men are tied up with fox (so no Storm), but the movie design of the costume is pretty awesome, and Wakanda has already been mentioned in passing. It's a shame this is happening AFTER Civil War, but we'll see what A2 does to expand the world. Speaking of
- Cap 3: Civil War. Obviously it's going to be very different from the comics (and hopefully they'll have learned from the comics' failings); lack of Spidey for one, and lack of a a more densely populated world of capes who care about secret identities. Obviously Stark doesn't and Rogers has never really been hidden. But there's been a lot of discussion of totalitarian government in the films so far, and I expect A2 will lead more into that, so it could work well. I liked Cap 2 WAY more than 1, though it's my least favorite Phase 2 film.
- Thor 3: as a fantasy junkie, Thor 2 is one of my favorites (I was 50/50 on the first), so I'm excited about this. I haven't read the comic this is going to be based on, so don't know much going into it. But if it's called Ragnarok, at the very least it should be pretty crazy!
- Captain Marvel: it's a shame it's taken this long to get a female hero a solo film in the MCU, but glad it's happening. And glad it's Carol rather than Black Widow. Don't get me wrong; I like Black Widow (and she's been amazing in the films), but the sexy super-spy character...well, let's face it, that's a female character for guys. One again, too bad about X-Men; her stuff with Rogue was pretty intense (she's the reason Rogue is super-strong and can fly without needing to absorb said powers beforehand).

So much excitement! The only thing I might be more excited about is Deadpool. Because a Squirrel Girl movie is not going to happen anytime soon.

What I'd like to see is more about Thor/Loki, Spiderman and Guardians of Galaxy. Especially the last one. I justed watched it yesterday. lol :) Apparently, Avengers and X-Men are less interesting to me. I don't like too many superheroes in movies.

Galactus, to my knowledge, is owned by Sony along with Silver Surfer. However Sony has stated they are willing to cooperate with Marvel when it comes time for the Avengers to face Thanos in the Infinity Gauntlet. Which involves Galactus and Spiderman. I won't discuss it past that... for reasons obvious being potential spoiler for Avengers 3 or 4....

Sony never owned SILVER SURFER or GALACTUS. 20th Century Fox did as it related to the Fantastic Four. They negotiated the rights to SILVER SURFER back to Marvel Entertainment/Disney when they wanted an extension on their rights to the Fantastic Four, so Marvel already has him back. Galactus is a character from several books and not exclusive to any one company, ala Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

Sony never owned SILVER SURFER or GALACTUS. 20th Century Fox did as it related to the Fantastic Four. They negotiated the rights to SILVER SURFER back to Marvel Entertainment/Disney when they wanted an extension on their rights to the Fantastic Four, so Marvel already has him back. Galactus is a character from several books and not exclusive to any one company, ala Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

Welp. That is my mistake XD. For some reason I'd thought that Sony made F4.

I read Ms. Marvel will be in the new Avengers movie. They are also going to be making a Ms. Marvel intro movie before the new Avengers movie comes out.

Carol Danvers is getting her own movie as Captain Marvel in 2018. It was announced Tuesday at the big Marvel event.

http://me.ign.com/en/super-hero/95971/feature/captain-marvel-what-we-know-so-far

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/28/captain-marvel-movie-revealed-carol-danvers-arrives-in-2018

Back