Rant

filmed on Monday
first time i got the chance to really look at what we shot today.
two shots somehow got screwed up...

the audio was dropped or something? literally can't think of how it even happened. And it only happened when filming two scenes. two scenes filled with dialogue. All the coverage I got is gone....

time to head out tomorrow :censored:

filmed on Monday
first time i got the chance to really look at what we shot today.
two shots somehow got screwed up...

the audio was dropped or something? literally can't think of how it even happened. And it only happened when filming two scenes. two scenes filled with dialogue. All the coverage I got is gone....

time to head out tomorrow :censored:

Listen to the footage while still in the camera? Hear anything? Dropped audio when capturing happens. :no:

yeah it was all while it was still in the camera..
and now i have a stuck UV filter. and i've tried like every trick in the book to get this off.

damn murphy. you jinxed me.

I'm sorry that happened.

Please, by all means, give us the headzup on how it happened when you figure it out.

The audio thing sounds like an unrecoverable.
What can you tell us about that stuck UV filter?
I'm guessing it's something a wee more complex than WD40 or liquid wrench can resolve?

yeah the audio is gone, so we are re shooting those shots tomorrow. hopefully it wont look too different.

this tiffen? UV filter my aunt gave to me, basically I just stuck it on, and then put a wide angle over it.. only to realize that when tightening the wide angle, it tightened the filter so much, that i have gotten blisters trying to twist it off!

ive done the rubber band thing
the mouse pad thing
the cold thing
the cold then hot thing

i eventually did them all together and still didn't work. hopefully i can find one of those filter wrench things i have been reading about tomorrow.

Well... the goofy stuff you learn hunting around for stuff.
This isn't exactly serendipity, but it's... something.

First, being nube and all, I hadn't heard of a filter wrench so I investigated.

There're no youtube how-to's on lens filter wrenches. Surprisingly.

Even more surprisingly, there aren't any goog videos on them, either!

What you can find is a lens filter wrench follow focus DIY video, which doesn't really do you a lick of relevant good.

I just thought it was interesting, and maybe possibly remotely useful to someone here.

(Spritz a little WD40 through the straw into the filter thread a half hour or so before giving it yet another crank).

be sure to check the batteries

i've gotten drop outs when using a wireless system because batteries need to be replaced.

how's your audio hooked up?

Most people on here probably wouldn't agree, but I would break the filter if I couldn't get it off and I needed to. Without looking at it, it sounds like it's a little more than overtight, and may be cross threaded.

I would be extremely careful, and I don't know what WD-40 would do to your lens if it managed to leak through the threads onto your lens. It probably wouldn't hurt it, but I always get nervous when oily substances get near expensive glass.

I miss Dennis Miller, that guy could rant. Watched Network (1976) last night, and that had some epic rants as well.

Great movie :) Dennis Miller still goes on Bill Maher once in a while. He can get under my skin with too much exposure. But I also usually end up liking the episodes when he's on. So I guess it's a wash. :P

You call that a rant? Puh-leeze. :P

:rolleyes:

@mpaige: XLR into my shotgun, out to 1/4 inch, which is then into a 1/4in to 3.5mm adapter, into my HV40!

I THINK i found the audio problem. The adapter I am using apparently is a little fat for the spot where you hook up the mic, so when moving locations, we must have not put it in all the way or something. :grumpy:

D'ju get that pesky UV filter off, yet?

yes I did actually! The day before the shoot at like, 2AM. I took my guitar amp, tossed it on it's side (It has a gripy texture), pushed the filter down on it, but almost at an angle? I had a part of it completely dug in, and the other half about a centimeter up, and turned with all my might.

in about two tries, it came right off.

:woohoo:

Back