hey I'm new . . please help :)

Hey, my name is Kaila, and i am always looking for open auditions in acting, my friend lizzy told me to look for independent films, which is why i joined. If anyone can give me some guidlines that would be much appreciated!!!! thanks soooooooo much!

<3 Kaila :blush:

hey, Kaila. Welcome to the board. Since you are an actor, you will need to have a photo and resume available for directors and casting directors. Having your own website with lots of photos and your resume would be best.

Are your SAG or working on it? Do you have edcuation in acting, etc?

Break a leg,

WC

Craigslist.org and Mandy.com are pretty popular for looking for up-to-date productions going on near you, and many vasting calls can be found there.

Network, network, network :cool:

There are more indy-films out there than you can shake a stick at. Many of will be... not so good, shall we say, but even those could be worth doing if you end up with a secent clip or two from the finished film to start building a reel with.

Always make sure you get a copy of the finished film on DVD from the filmmakers, when it's done. This is especially important when simply working for reel.

:)

Just thought I'd throw this Sonnyboo article out there:

http://www.sonnyboo.com/downloads/cliches.htm

It was one of the first things I read after finding this site, and it's pretty funny. Film humor, you know. Lots of info there as well.

Mandy.com is great... there are also Yahoo groups for those kinds of things.

When you get the audition, make sure to bring headshots/resume/contact info.
Don't sign anything before you read it.
Go out and meet people. It's more likely to be cast in a movie through a friend than a casting session. The best roles come through friends.

And good luck,

Logan

www.NowCasting.com and www.LACasting.com are very popular. www.actorsaccess.com is also. Don't bother unless you have a defining "look" and you can jump out of your shoes and be ANIMATED! I'd say 85 - 90% of the people out there can't act.

I think good look is secondary if you've talent and enough intelligent to follow what actually the director needs to take out from you.. on screen the actor undergo with a sort of split personality controlling thought, feeling and acting. :rolleyes:

Back