Non-Sequitur Thread

sfoster

Staff Member
If you want to post something that belongs nowhere.. but doesn't deserve a thread of it's own ;)

I just saw a trailer for a movie
INT. OFFICE

Two black guys with headsets.

BLACK GUY 1
If you want to sell stuff here, you've got to use your white voice

BLACK GUY 1 (in high pitch uptight voice)
Blah blach whatever he said idk hey guy im here to sell you a bridge

TITLE CARD
The most original comedy in years

That trailer is my idea of sketch comedy, how can a company be so completely devoid of self awareness?
The black guy doing the white guy voice is a standup comedy bit thats been around like.. 30 years? 40 years??

and to follow that up with how original the film is :lol:

I like that pulp fiction doesn't follow any police subplots, no wiretaps or detectives.
There aren't any heroes... everyone is a criminal.

Well I finally got some VR experience under my belt and it's very impressive.
Significantly scarier than anything I've ever seen in a horror movie.

It should go without saying that having a gigantic t-rex bend down and roar in your face is a lot more intimidating in person than it is on a screen.. but damn! I didn't think it would spike my energy levels the way it did.

Last edited:
VR horror is like the matrix, you can't explain it to anyone.
They have to see it for themselves.

People are buying VR horror games and then ripping off their headsets and never play again because it's too unnerving. This new game is attempting to be LESS scary by hooking up a heart rate monitor and toning things down for a bit after you get worked up.

Yeah the jump scares are insane. But it's not just jump scares, it's the suspense too.

https://futurism.com/vr-horror-game-heart-rate-monitor/

VR horror is like the matrix, you can't explain it to anyone.
They have to see it for themselves.

People are buying VR horror games and then ripping off their headsets and never play again because it's too unnerving. This new game is attempting to be LESS scary by hooking up a heart rate monitor and toning things down for a bit after you get worked up.

Yeah the jump scares are insane. But it's not just jump scares, it's the suspense too.

https://futurism.com/vr-horror-game-heart-rate-monitor/

That's what I liked about doom 3... there where like tings in there that would occur only once.....

That's what I liked about doom 3... there where like tings in there that would occur only once.....

Yeah I'd love to play the new resident evil in VR but I hear it can be too heavy on the jump scares... part of this early adoption and people trying to figure out the experience.

Well it's not exactly horror but the big deal in the VR world right now is the marvel superhero game coming out in two days. Unfortunately Iron Man is not listed as a playable character but we've got captain marvel for the flight, spiderman, dr strange, storm, lots of cool heroes to choose from

https://venturebeat.com/2018/07/21/...101-every-hero-villain-and-location-revealed/

Last edited:
Back