• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

New Production Company in Dallas Area

Hello,

I decided to try my hand at starting a production company in my local area with plans to expand later. I have created a crowd funding campaign on indiegogo and am in the stage where word-of-mouth is my main strategy.

If you could at the very least follow the link to make others more likely to find it I would be very grateful to you.

Any critiques or suggestions on the perks are very welcome as well, I believe that they are fair, but this is of course my first attempt at crowd funding.

I look forward to the suggestions and assistance that will come from my fellow peers and wish you all the best,

The link is below;
http://www.indiegogo.com/brokenspigotproductions?a=1464906

Thank you,
Khristopher

I am speechless. You want donations to build your company?

This looks like an abuse of crowd funding.

That's all I have to say.

Do you have clients already that are interested in doing business with you? Do you have samples of your work? How is your potential production company any different from any other Filmmaker or a commercial production company? Do you have a crew? What have they done?

Sorry man. A simple "give me money to buy a camera and gear to shoot movies" doesn't really work.

Last edited:
I am not looking for donations by any means, thats why I chose this site. I provide a service for each level of contribution. I hate the idea of free money, I will work for it.

As far as experience, my vimeo page is here;
Vimeo.com/khristopherriddall

I also have a t3i and a desktop and laptop both with adobe master collection cs5.5.
I have slowly been working towards this move for about three years now on my own, I just feel that now was a great time to take a leap of faith.

I started this expecting to fail miserably, but there is the slight chance that I'll be presently suprised, and that is what I am hoping for.

Update

The campaign is still somewhat fluid and changing. I just want to reenforce that I'm not asking for money, but rather support and help spreading the word. That is why it is based off of "contributions" and not "donations".

Thanks,

Here's some feedback:

Let's propose that you are successful in this campaign - what would happen if the "shareholders" ie those who have contributed financially to your success, wish to re-coup their investment and have some major creative control over future productions?

I applaud you for your risk in this endeavour even though the odds of success would seem high. It is bold and may be a success or a huge failure. Best of luck to you!

Back