• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Teaser Trailer for my short film: GREY CANYON

Hi, all!

I just wanted to share the teaser trailer for my short film Grey Canyon. The entire score for this film was done by the truly talented Scoopicman (a veteran on this forum and probably one of the nicest guys ever). Hope you enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/253408265

Last edited:
Obviously, I've had the privilege of watching this. It looks and sounds beautiful. Any anecdotes you can share? Where did you find your actors/crew? What's the next step?

Hi, all!

I just wanted to share the teaser trailer for my short film Grey Canyon. The entire score for this film was done by the truly talented Scoopicman (a veteran on this forum and probably one of the nicest guys ever). Hope you enjoy!

Looks promising! Love the mood and the music goes well with this. I did react to the womans dialogue which is a tad muddy and has a clear plosive so I popped the video into Pro Tools and a bit of reduction on the 200 Hz and perhaps a boost at 2-3 KHz would make it a bit clearer.

Hope to see more of this production later!

Obviously, I've had the privilege of watching this. It looks and sounds beautiful. Any anecdotes you can share? Where did you find your actors/crew? What's the next step?

Definitely was my privilege to work with you. Thanks again! I was lucky enough to have a personal relationship with one crew member who then introduced me to the others. It was basically six degrees of separation until we had a cohesive and dedicated team. I am so fortunate to have worked with such talented people on my first real film.

The next step is to submit to every genre festival that makes sense and host a screening in Orange County within a few weeks :)

Looks promising! Love the mood and the music goes well with this. I did react to the womans dialogue which is a tad muddy and has a clear plosive so I popped the video into Pro Tools and a bit of reduction on the 200 Hz and perhaps a boost at 2-3 KHz would make it a bit clearer.

Hope to see more of this production later!

You are totally right, the audio is the issue I have most with this trailer. I put it together and have near zero editing skills, so it took me a few hours even to get this. Mostly, the feedback has been positive so I am happy with where it is. But I would love to learn how to smooth out the audio and will absolutely try what you've mentioned!

You are totally right, the audio is the issue I have most with this trailer. I put it together and have near zero editing skills, so it took me a few hours even to get this. Mostly, the feedback has been positive so I am happy with where it is. But I would love to learn how to smooth out the audio and will absolutely try what you've mentioned!

I know what you mean. Been editing video all day and for me it's a challenge. Let me know if you want some assistance with the audio. I'd be glad to help!

It looks awesome! And it's damn cool to hear (read) that you worked with IT's own Scoopicman on this.

Thank you! Scoopicman was critical to getting this done, he worked overtime and nailed the score. I can't wait to show it to everyone once festival submissions have died down.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Back