My postings on here

When I post on here, and then return to look for them I can't find them. Anyone know why?

I can find them when I look under my name, and that's about it.

marcel

You can serch by your username. I see all your posts.

Post in the correct forum, and they won't be moved. ;)

How do you normally check for replies?

Are you are relying on the Home Page (which shows a short list of threads on the right), that only shows the most recent 8 threads to have had replies? As more threads get replies, that list can change rapidly.. and it is not linited to threads you have participated in.

_______

If you click the "Forums" link, and can see the various different topical forums (and sub-forums)...

...some of those forums are busier than others. If you post in "IndieTalk" your threads may be bumped down rather fast. (You can backtrack pages, though). Other more relevant & specific forums move slower (such as Super-8, for example) and threads tend to remain up top for longer.

Sometimes threads get removed if they are inflammatory... or receive flame replies.

If you are sure you are in the same forum as where you first posted, it might have been moved to a more appropriate one.

_______

You can also set your account to e-mail you when you get replies to a thread you start. (Or just want to subscribe to, if you find one interesting). That can be handy if you post a lot and forget what threads are where.

_______

Are there any threads of yours in particular that you can't seem to find? In theory, they should all be righjt where you placed them (but possibly buried under threads with more recent replies)

I do see the sub forum links, but somehow they don't seem to be there. I take notice of the dates and I figure my post shouldn't be that far out or down.

m f

Back