Member Map

On another board I saw them do this. It's very cool. Not really sure how to do it, but they have a map of the US and World, and people go in an put "push pins" where they are. These push pins link to your profile on the board. Here is the link to where it's at.... http://www.fanfilmsforum.com/forum/index.php?act=membermap

Not sure if you'll have to be a member or not to see it. I thought it would be a cool addition for this board. Just thought I throw that out to you guys. ;)

That sounds like an excellent idea to me if Indie can implement it without too much trouble. I would love to have a graphical representation of the members around my area.

Yeah I think it would be cool. Indie, I have the script if you need it and would like to try it out. Just let me know and I can send it to ya.

i could make if i had all the info, but...almost 2000 members on this board, eek. In reality a signifigantly smaller number are regularly active though, so i could still do it i suppose :)

But apparently you already have the code to do it, so i'd rather you do it(hail) :)

But yea i'd be down. Only thing is, Poke and Commander are over in europe(correct?)

I looked at that feature and I'm not impressed. I'll look for something better though. Thanks.

Actually, it's not that bad, I didn't know it linked to profiles. I'll try to get something like that.

Only thing is, Poke and Commander are over in europe(correct?)

I love the Internet.
smiley_poke.gif

but they have a map of the US and World

Or maybe just a map of the England (leaving out Scotland and Wales), with a logo for the rest of the world that reads, there be dragon here.

Actually, the map is a nice idea, us Brits like to keep a track of the colonies, you know, just in case the Queen decides she wants them back.

Just wrote you indie with the code and stuff. I attached it so it might throw it into your spam box. It would be cool if it worked, but if it doesn't that's fine. :)

lol, so where are you located right now poke, and commander... Im basically Cinci Ohio. I know sonnyboo is basically columbus. So thats two ohioans!

Back