• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Inamorata - IndieGoGo Campaign

Hello! My name is Dominick. I just graduated with my BFA in Motion Pictures Production from the Award-Winning Film Program at Wright State University in Dayton, OH.

I have to finish my thesis film before I get my diploma, so I started an IndieGoGo campaign.

Inamorata is a period short drama set in the 1960s. It is about Lili and Emma, a same sex couple loving and hiding together in Midwestern suburbia. Lili dated men previously, but she loves Emma and wants to be with her. She feels an enormous amount of pressure to conform to societal standards, even within her community of friends, who believe it would be easier for her to acclimate to a heterosexual relationship, if she had to.

Emma is a beautiful, sensitive schoolteacher who could lose everything if someone found out she was with Lili. Her strength, to be the woman she is, is a quiet strength many lesbians had to endure, while living in silence and hiding their true love.

This film is important, because it serves as a reminder to why we cannot and should not pass legislation limiting women or LGBT people from having control over their bodies, their lives, and their loves. There are so many bills being passed today, to try to bring us back into former times when we did just that, but this film will show the heartache and destruction many women endured when having to make such unfair choices. If we forget our past, we are doomed to repeat it. I want to make sure no one forgets the horror these women endured when they had no rights so women today never have to face that.

A little about me:
Dominick Evans is a 30-something filmmaker and human rights activist. Born with a degenerative, progressive muscle disease, Spinal Muscular Atrophy that causes him to use an electric wheelchair to get around, he discovered early on that his greatest gift was his creativity. Raised in the arts as an actor and singer, Dominick moved behind the scenes in 2010 when he entered the Wright State Motion Pictures Production program. He attained his BFA in May 2014, and will receive a BA in Political Science subsequently. Dominick’s films specialize in representing characters from marginalized populations. He likes giving a voice to those with no voice of their own in contemporary media.

Here is a link to our campaign:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/support-women-s-rights-with-inamorata-a-1960s-drama-about-love-and-loss/x/507214#comments

We appreciate any and all donations and shares on social media platforms.

Back