New to filmscoring

Greetings! I'm a composer, producer, and multi-instrumentalist. But the indie-film scene is completely new to me. I THINK this is something I may want to get into, to try scoring music for short films. Thought I'd join into this community for a while to see what it is all about and try to learn about it from you all. If anyone has any pointers, suggestions, or just wants to wax poetic... well, here I am :) OR, better yet, if you have a project you want scored, I'd love to take a look at it and give the music a go (for free, just to build experience and see if I enjoy doing this, obviously you'd want to have a back up plan, haha)

Hark X

Welcome! Lots of music folks around, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. And lots of projects around here to hop on board with!

If you really want to dive head-first into film scoring, I'd recommend finding a team doing your local 48 Hour Film Project (http://www.48hourfilm.com/) It's a great challenge and really works your skills and speed! Re-scoring scenes from films you like is also a pretty good exercise.

Back