• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Contagion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLold93WZVs&feature=channel_video_title
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLold93WZVs&feature=channel_video_title

In order to stop the spreading of a virus, an immunized doctor is sent to 'cure' an infected individual. conceptualized, shot, and edited in 48 hours.

direction: Daniel Legorreta
production: Matt Posada

starring:
Arseniy Arkhipov as "The Carrier"
DJ Fernandez as "The Doctor"

story:
Arseniy Arkhipov
DJ Fernandez
Chris Lawler
Daniel Legorreta
Matt Posada

score:
Krysztof Penderecki - Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima

Interesting.

The "Bad guy" was totally inspired by the Beak Doctors, a few hundred years ago. Nice touch.

Not knowing that beforehand, I probably wouldn't have understood the whole thing though. Actually, I'd be surprised if anyone got it, without the brief synopsis supplied.

Loved the camera action (and focus-play) as the fellow fell down the steps.

48-hour project?

Great video Matt, you and Daniel did a very good job as well as the actors, the setting is legit. Look forward to doing some work with you guys this summer.

responses

richy,
Thanks! this is actually the first time I have ever worked on a project in which I used a lot of sound effects in an effective manner.

zensteve,
Yeah after peicing it all together we thought it was more of a scene than an entire short. It was actually just a school project, and originated from a more full screenplay that would have most definitely made the plot easier to understand for the viewer. It was shortened to what it is now due to the short amount of time we had to finish, the inability to find enough actors to fill the characters previously written in, money, and all the other perks that most school projects dont have the access to :). Maybe one day we will be able to shoot the rest and turn it into a REAL short, or a feature length, which would be awesome.

phil,
Thanks! well definitely be workin on some stuff! I've decided to continue my schooling at SJSU instead of all the other places I got accepted to; It just seemed to have the best film program of all of them. After that I'm gonna try to make my way to USC. Untill then, we gotta get some projects going! I am hoping to be finished with 'Recompense' before that time.

Right on dude....I will be graduating in 3 semesters and I have the same goal to make it down to USC and further my education. Yeah Congrats SJSU has a solid program...better then CSUMB haha it's kind of up and coming still, the school is only 15 years old. Daniel told me about the shoot at the store sometime this week...hopefully night crew doesnt trip. Shit will rule if everything follows through with it though. How bout them SHARKS!!!!

Back