Anecdotes, Reminiscences and Other Miscellany

This thread is just for fun and a place for people - writers - to read anecdotes and experiences from fellow travelers in the entertainment biz to use in their writings if they so choose.

Just give credit where credit is due…..:D:yes::lol:

Okay, I'll start.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A few days ago I was at a restaurant eating lunch with a friend. We looked out the window and saw a VERY pretty girl come out of a store across the street. As she crossed the street a guy in a pick-up at the stop sign was staring at her very hard as she crossed the street and proceeded down the block. When a car behind him beeped he took his foot off the gas and started to roll, still staring at the girl. He finally looked forward and stood on the brakes - he had almost run head-on into a police cruiser at a blazing 3 MPH. He looked at the cop, turned his head to look at the girl and then looked at the cop. The cop looked at the girl, then back at the guy in the pick-up. They stared at each other for a minute, then the two of them started laughing and the cop waved him on.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Not really a story, but a visual.

Independence Day fireworks are shot off at one of the beaches here in town. You can see Long Island across Long Island Sound. By the time the sun goes down there are several thousand people on the beach, usually in large groups (we meet several couples and their kids). There are hundreds of younger kids running around with those bendable neon light sticks around their necks and wrists and tossing them around like Frisbees. There are dozens of boats a few dozen yards offshore with their lights on. From that beach we can distantly see fireworks from half-a-dozen places on Long Island, Rye Playland (south of us) and Stamford (north of us) and the other town fireworks display about five miles away. You can hear the water splashing on the shore, little kids happily shrieking, people laughing, boats rumbling out on the Sound. When the fireworks are over everyone stands and cheers, and all of the boats sound their horns, everything from little toots to big blasts. Besides being a very relaxing and fun evening with friends and family it's also somewhat magical, at least for me.

Please feel free to contribute.

A few days ago I was at a restaurant eating lunch with a friend. We looked out the window and saw a VERY pretty girl come out of a store across the street. As she crossed the street a guy in a pick-up at the stop sign was staring at her very hard as she crossed the street and proceeded down the block. When a car behind him beeped he took his foot off the gas and started to roll, still staring at the girl. He finally looked forward and stood on the brakes - he had almost run head-on into a police cruiser at a blazing 3 MPH. He looked at the cop, turned his head to look at the girl and then looked at the cop. The cop looked at the girl, then back at the guy in the pick-up. They stared at each other for a minute, then the two of them started laughing and the cop waved him on.

That was kool funny.

:lol:

Well, it's out there, use it if you want to. That's the point of the thread. Things you've seen and heard and experienced and just hurl them out there. I'm not a writer, so I can't use it, if you know what I mean.

Back