• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Thirst short film feedback

Hello all,
I have posted my first short on ifilm for your viewing pleasure. I am getting serious about shooting another and thought it would be good to hear comments from this crowd. The film has played at 6 fests around the country and has won a handful of awards.

Don't hold back, I can take it. :yes:

Here is the link:

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2668232

Thanks,
Joe Hunt

That was interesting.

Unfortunately, I read the blurb about it on the Ifilm page halfway through... up 'til that point I was fairly sure it was going to be similar to The Midnight Sun, an old Twilight Zone episode.

I don't think I would have made the connection to the ACOA without having read that, btw.

Good acting, shot very well (loved the blues in the bar), sound was great... technically it was extremely well made. :)

Nicely done.

:cool:

Thanks for your feedback!

Zensteve said:
I don't think I would have made the connection to the ACOA without having read that, btw.

Yeah, most people just think the story is being told from and untrustworthy point of view, and Patrick actually is an Alcoholic. I toyed with doing that but decided I liked the surreal aspect of the water addiction. Anyway, I read up on ACOA behavior while developing the script, to figure out how Patrick could behave but it doesn't quite come off. I have been told that the film does make people thirsty though! :)

If only there was an award(or market) for such a thing!

Back