Gurilla Wind Muff

windmuff.jpg

I got some furry stuff from the yardage shop and made this. I bought 7 inches and the bolt was 5 feet long. So I have lots of extra. I can't gauge how it compares since I don't have any other fur wind muffs. But I did test it with a hair drier and it does block a decent amount of noise. I'm sure it's not as good as a really expensive one, but ay it was $4 with leftover fur. Easier than buttons to sew.:weird: Maybe for my next project I'll cut up plastic and make a rain cover.
Sara
http://box.wyrmscape.com/jhisara

Sara, you should have good luck with that..

You're not going to be able to block the noise from a hair drier, as most of that noise is the motor, but it should break up wind noise quite well. Good luck!

You would probably get a bit better results if the fur was not just wrapped around the mic, but rather over a larger frame that the mic is suspended inside. There are a few threads about how to go about building one of those around here somewhere.

You would probably get a bit better results if the fur was not just wrapped around the mic, but rather over a larger frame that the mic is suspended inside. There are a few threads about how to go about building one of those around here somewhere.
Do you have any links?
Thanks for all the kudos everyone.
Sara

Back